Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Women Hunters!!!

Old 12-01-2010, 06:37 AM
Spike

Default Women Hunters!!!

So I've always made a trip to Cabelas every year to buy my cloths but I was wondering what do other people do? Do you order online? Through who? I now usually wear Kings and Rivers West? Any others I should look into?
Old 03-16-2011, 11:56 PM
Spike

I haven't yet found good hunting clothes for women. I tend to use wool layers and high teck climbing clothes covered sometimes with cheap camo or sitka gear. Prois is out there but I haven't used it.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:49 PM
Spike

My wife loves the military style camoflouge. Most medium sized town around the country have a surplus store where you can purchase these items. The new military camo line (ECWCS) is based off of the professional lines of backpackign layering clothing. She prefers the ACU pattern, which works really well for the areas we hunt. The lightweight-heavyweight baselayers are very durable and moisture wicking. Her favorite piece of layering is the Level III USMC fleece. It is wind/water resistant, and very warm. On the late december elk hunt we had last her the Level III fleece kept her and her thin blood nice and toasty. The best part about using military surplus camo is the price. Camo tops are around twenty, baselayers and shell jackets are anywhere from 10-50 dollars. There are many websites that you can find surplus clothing as well, one of my favorites is vtarmynavy.com.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:57 AM
Spike

There are hunting cloths for women out there, why don't you guys try online hunting cloth shops

Source : Google Images

Last edited by mar.and65; 05-01-2011 at 06:34 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:57 PM
Spike

What about that "she safari" they're pushing on ODC? Do they not have cold weather gear on there?
Old 05-05-2011, 08:54 AM
Spike

my wife and i both enjoy hunting with our heater body suits. they allow you to dress light for the walk in and then you climb into the suit and it simply traps your body heat. i occassionally visit their site, www.heaterbodysuit.com, to see their new camo patterns, products, etc and i noticed their running a sale if you're interested, $20 off and free shipping on the suits! good luck finding the right clothing for your hunting season!
Old 05-14-2011, 08:46 AM
Spike

There is a new line of women's hunting clothes available from Prios. Check them out, its nice for my wife who is smaller in size to actually have clothes that are designed for women and don't make her look like she is wearing a potatoe sack.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:08 AM
Spike

I bought these women's camo rain pants http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=571538 from Sportsman's guide last year. they worked great and fit well. I also get stuff from their military surplus, sometimes the European military wear runs a little small.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

My wife is a big fan of Sitka gear. In the "small" sizing the athletic cut fits her quite well. Served her well mtn. goat and whitetail hunting last year.

RC
Old 05-23-2011, 07:40 AM
Typical Buck

Default You can get real crazy!!!!!!!

I get the "better half" military (female) BDU's. I use my own BDU's. They are the best priced, and fit the female. Remember...it's about placement, movement, and wind. You can spend a small amount or a large amount, but it really is about tactics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.