Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Stolen Property in the Woods

Old 12-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

well...i am glad we dont have that problem yet. im sure the day will come..knock on wood...
i leave about 2K worth of crap in the woods all year round...only ever once found a guy in my blind...
he had the heater on...says to me...oh, i thought yall were gone fer the weekend...i was like wth...
we are both armed, his leanin on the wall...i think of all those guys who got killed by an asian guy up north somewhere..ya know the one?....
so i tell him to come on out (ground blind)..just leave the rifle, ill ****** ya over to a guest blind, let ya hunt from there...plz dont shoot any bucks...he smiles, slides out... i unload his rifle...hand him his shells, ask him to wait til he is in the blind to reload..(box blind 8' high or so)..i walk him to the guest blind, help him up, told him after bout 10:30 i was cookin up breakfast at the gate, and point him the direction...sure enough, i didnt see anything, nor did i expect too after the mornins activities, either did he..he came down and had breakfast, we shot the ****(pun)..come to find out..he owned the adjacent land from us..lives in oklahoma..and didnt have a blind up and it was cold..my box blind looked good to him...
well..i had 3 blinds there, on his 437 acres..it was hit and miss, as there was cattle, and gotta go certain areas certain days, but hey, i made a friend, had an open blind anytime i want..and we took care of each others ****. (he sold the land 5 years ago er so)

moral is, pay it forward....dont be like the pricks...im sure if i blew up at the guy, things coulda went bad..it took some guy killin like 8 people to get that across to me..i made a friend, not an enemy.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by CJ1
Touch someone's stuff to steal or destroy is still criminal. If you were taught this was an except able behavior then you were taught to be a bully not sportsman or a person with a sense of ethics. I was taught to leave a note at the persons stand suggesting a meeting to discuss how to hunt the area with out disturbing each others hunt. Through this practice I have made many friends over the years
years ago it was CRIMINAL in most areas to jump out of car and run into drive and set -up stand and shoot a buck off crews driving.
today its still not taken well and those doing it are considered not ETHICAL.
if you STOP driving these type of people STOP coming.
ETHICAL hunter would not set-up KNOWING that a crew or group of hunters have been hunting this area for years.
i bet that most of theifs are ones that do this.

i had guy 2 years ago set -up 30 yds from me.he first tried to tell me he hunted this spot for 30 years. that was first lie.next he tried to say he had his stand in woods a day before me.
it was HIS spot.
next he knows we drive this spot every year so he sets up there EVERY YEAR now.
he got buck off our drive last year, this year he brought 4 others with him.
now we dont drive the area no more and after 2 days they left with no deer this year.
he was unhappy because we did not drive a deer to him and we were unhappy we could not hunt that area the first 2 days.

this is way IT is now on publicland.

years ago this would not happen as most would NOT do this to hunters that were always hunting that spot. OTHER hunters for most part would not do this and ones that did ,if they had stand which was wooden one then would have it torn down .
today its NORMAL for hunters to set-up in areas that they know a crew is driving deer.
they jump out of truck and run into drives.they set up stands in areas they know they DRIVE.

is this ETHICAL?they think so because its PUBLICLAND.
yet 46 years ago as kid i would NEVER do such a thing or would any ETHICAL hunter .
this is way IT was and HOW it is now.