Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

the basics

Old 10-30-2010, 12:31 PM
Spike

Default the basics

Hey all i recently got 2 compound bows and i think im going to get one tuned to set it at a lower draw weight and get a new 3 pin sight. Any way what are some basic things i will need to go on my first hunt. I plan on practicing until next year but it would be nice to get all my stuff now. Im getting a buck knife in a week. What is a good groundblind and other nessecitys. Thanks guys
Old 11-04-2010, 09:15 PM
Fork Horn

what i have with me when im in the stand is. of course my pack with dead down wind scent killer, all my knifes, range finder, tree strap for my safety harness, deer drag, calls, water, limb cutters or a retractable pole saw,black jack game, cell phone, bow holder, rain suite if i'm going to need it, tags, hunters safety course, i know theres other stuff but thats all i can think of off the top of my head. hope this helps some. by the way those buck knifes are good knifes. oh and one more thing get a extra release and keep in your pack if you use one i have forgotten mine once and it sucked. and oh course double bull blinds are really good. but to me they are a pain to put up by yourself. i have broken four of them, but one from walmart or your farm store will work just fine. make sure you steak them out good i have had one blow over with me in it.

Last edited by pearsontx4; 11-04-2010 at 09:19 PM.