Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Summit 180 Treestand

Old 10-31-2010, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

For those who leave their Summit's in the woods do you remove the seat in case it rains? I hunted for the first time yesterday with the Hazmore seat and wasn't that impressed with it.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Ky Bob
For those who leave their Summit's in the woods do you remove the seat in case it rains? I hunted for the first time yesterday with the Hazmore seat and wasn't that impressed with it.
yes, i leave it there BUT you are leaving a scent behind.with my ladderstand i used a garbage bag on it and it worked fine.

but to cover the summit seat you have to take it off to put it in bag.if you are doing that ,it may be good idea to take it out with you.
it may be warmer too being at home or camp.
but, i like to leave it ,i just have not come up with idea how to wrap it WITHOUT taking it off the stand.the more you dont have to do it mornings in dark the BETTER.i would like to stick the seat in a zip lock bag, big one BUT you would have to remove seat to do that.
i am thinking of way to do that.
leaving the seat for a few days is not good idea because a possum may eat it.
but a day or 2 is no problem.its no problem for me to carry it out but i like idea of getting to woods and up tree, no hassles in COLD etc.
Old 10-17-2019, 06:04 PM
Spike

Default The seat

Originally Posted by sproulman
180 max is made so you can sit facing tree.the bar on front is longer than titan and round.you have to use seat to climb ,then reverse the seat if you want to face away from tree.
i like facing tree in gun season and away in archery season.
both TITAN/180 MAX have same floor and top width.

i would not buy any stand other than GOLIATH,TITAN,180 MAX.
GOLIATH has smaller floor but weights 21 pds.
TITAN/180 MAX has big floor but weights 25 pds.i like more room so titan/ 180 max is what i have.but replace the carrying straps with better straps as they are awful from factory.

180 MAX is one i use most do to better seat.
so I just picked up a summit 180max sd and was wondering about why the set must be used to climb and not the front bar. And also how hard is it to move the seat around up in the tree.

Last edited by Tjlindsey88; 10-17-2019 at 06:08 PM.
Old 11-13-2019, 07:24 AM
Spike

This may sound crazy, but could you get a 55 gal. liner and put the whole stand in it and just leave it at the base of the tree overnight?