Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Ozone Generator Question.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:22 AM
Super Moderator

Default Ozone Generator Question.

Has any one used this, or something like it?
And does it work?
Thank You

jrbsr

Old 09-30-2010, 06:26 AM
Typical Buck

My opinion of those and the skeeter devices are they are worthless. If it is the least bit windy out, anything those devices put out will be long gone and not hang around your area to do its job.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

hey jr, i used ta do carpet cleaning in high school, we would use ozone machines in places that have been flooded to take all the smells out, yes they definitely work, as far as in the blind, i dunno
Old 09-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

What I am talking about is to make hunting chothes scent free. lol
Not the kind you put on a tree behind you.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

well, it will pull airborne odors out..i dont know about in that box though. sure seams like it might work, but skin cells will still be fallin off the clothing, so its a 50/50 deal imo
Old 09-30-2010, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

I have one - it works well , but the effects are short lived in my opinion. After a couple days things seem to revert to their original smell. I OzG my truck every once in a while, but after a while it always smells like an old truck again.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Typical Buck

Don't know about the ozone thing but "the skeeter device" DOSE work and works well. That is if you are talking about the Thermacell
Old 10-05-2010, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Depends on how much money you want to spend

I had a job of cleaning up a smoky smell in a vehicle and almost used an ozone machine from a tool rental store. I heard that they use them for hotels/motels to get smoke and other smells out of a room.

Being cheap, of course, I wash hunting clothes with baking soda and borax which is scent free and lacks any brighteners/UV cleaners.

Everyone can do their own thing. But I saved a $1500 bill for cleaning up a vehicle smoky job with home made scent killer, so I'm sold for life.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:02 PM
Spike

They do work well.
You do have to use it often to get the max benefit.
Small price to pay to keep scent free.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:22 PM
Dominant Buck

I spent several decades in the dry cleaning business. An Ozone machine works just fine in an enclosed place where it can filter the air. These gadgets they're trying to push for hunting are pure snake oil. They CAN NOT and WILL NOT cover your scent. DO NOT waist your money. There is no way in hell this toy can do what they claim. IF you were in a big plastic bag and this thing was attached to the only opening perhaps some relieve. Of course you suffocate before you got to the tree. LOL