Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
BEST deer scent on the market???? >

BEST deer scent on the market????

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

BEST deer scent on the market????

Old 09-20-2010, 06:18 AM
Spike

Default BEST deer scent on the market????

In the court of Public Opinion:

Does anyone have an opinion, or can speak from a position of authority with clear certainty, on which brand, type, synthetic vs natural, deer scent is the BEST on the market?

hunter JR
Powell, TN
Old 09-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default No scent is good scent

I personally have never had success with any type of scent.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

I have had bucks come in with nose in the air and lip curled, and right or wrong, I attribute it to Tinks 69.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:06 AM
Fork Horn

I just put doe P on my boots.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:14 AM
Spike

In southeast VA, Tinks 69 take the cake. I have had some success on DOC's Extreme Heat as well.

Good Luck.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:52 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by loanstarhunter
I personally have never had success with any type of scent.
I am with lonestar. Scent killer is way over rated. The indians and mountain men did just fine with out and so can I.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

"The indians and mountain men did just fine with out and so can I."

BTW - There has been a "few others" who have come and gone since then. LOL
Old 09-27-2010, 10:20 AM
Typical Buck

like.....?
Old 09-30-2010, 06:37 AM
Fork Horn

Tinks 69 either works like a charm or spooks them terrible. I have seen it on numerous occasions work and on other days it's like they stepped on an electric fence.

The only one I have come across in 30 + years that either works great or they show no notice to it all is Pete Rickards Interdigital..... Smells like you stepped in something bad on the way to your stand but it works. Can't list the number of deer both bucks and does that have come straight in on it.. What I can tell you is I nor any of the guys I hunt with have ever had a deer spook on it.. They either come in or pay it no mind...
Old 09-30-2010, 08:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by buckwild41
Tinks 69 either works like a charm or spooks them terrible. I have seen it on numerous occasions work and on other days it's like they stepped on an electric fence.

The only one I have come across in 30 + years that either works great or they show no notice to it all is Pete Rickards Interdigital..... Smells like you stepped in something bad on the way to your stand but it works. Can't list the number of deer both bucks and does that have come straight in on it.. What I can tell you is I nor any of the guys I hunt with have ever had a deer spook on it.. They either come in or pay it no mind...
if you hunting doe NEVER use any doe in heat scent, NEVER. IT will spook another doe .
but i only hunt bucks and any of top doe in heat works.
just get it fresh,not year old stuff.tinks works,code blue any of them work .i buy mine at wal-mart .........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.