Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

need new boots

Old 07-16-2010, 07:00 AM
Typical Buck

Default need new boots

i need new boots this year. i prefer the knee high rubber to others. i have the crappy rubberized canvas ones from bass pro and after one season they are worn out (i only paid $25 for them)
i only want to spend about $100 them would like at least 800-1000 grams of thinsulate and not much more then 1200 because i want all season boots, i was looking at the lacrosse alpha burly
Old 07-16-2010, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

One word, Muck. Take a look at them. I think you'll like them.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

+ 1 Lacrosse - that's what I use...................love' em !
Old 07-16-2010, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

I work n the hunting industry and LaCrosse is one of our sponsors. The Alpha Burley is a top notch boot and you won't be disappointed with them. As to an all season boot, I don't think you will want insulated boots in the heat of the summer. I wear the uninsulated boots for spring, summer, and fall. When the temps drop, I have the 1500 gram for the dead of winter. I have seen guides try to save a few bucks over the years and get off name brand boots and you get what you pay for. Thats not to say that the LaCrosse boots won't get holes in them too. But if you are careful they should last a good while. Most folks aren't in the woods as much as I am. Something I went with several years ago to try and save my rubber boots was these boots from Cabellas http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...926&hasJS=true There are many differant versions of this type of boot on the market. They are also more durable than rubbers and cost less. Your feet will also breath better, hence they will stay cooler when the temps are high.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Muck woody max...hands down a much better rubber boot than anything I ever owned before. My second choice would be LaCrosse since I have 5 pair. Note...they don't make them like they used to. Save your money and don't bother with the name brand from Red Head (Bass Pro) or Cabelas.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:17 AM
Fork Horn

This season will be my 5th season on LaCrosse Alpha Burly 1200s. And I hunt long and hard every season. They are just now starting to lose some of the camoflage color on the toes. Have never leaked or let my feet get cold or wet. Considering I paid right at $100 for them, that is $20 per season, and the way it is looking I will get at least 3 to 5 more seasons out of them. One of the BEST hunting tools I have ever purchased.

Last edited by MO Archer; 07-16-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:19 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
Muck woody max...hands down a much better rubber boot than anything I ever owned before. My second choice would be LaCrosse since I have 5 pair. Note...they don't make them like they used to. Save your money and don't bother with the name brand from Red Head (Bass Pro) or Cabelas.
those redhead boots were horrible, after awhile of standing in about 6in of water i could feel it seeping through the rubberized canvas
Old 07-16-2010, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Sheridan
+ 1 Lacrosse - that's what I use...................love' em !
I second that!!!!
Old 07-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Fork Horn

Lacrosse for me.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also am a fan of Muck boots. They are extremely comfortable and keep your feet warm. They will get hot in warmer weather though. I have some Danner's for spring/summer/fall...also highly recommend them. Have only had one pair of Danner's...cause that is all I have needed. I am also still on my first pair of Muck boots, but it is getting close to time to get some new ones. They will last at least one more season though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.