Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Thermacell ????

Old 06-13-2010, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Thermacell ????

Just wondering about the effectiveness of the Thermacell if there is a little breeze?
Old 06-13-2010, 12:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Works great, just set it up so that you're down wind.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:43 PM
Spike

I just got back from bear hunting in Canada with my new Thermacell..It worked great the first couple eavings. The third eaving it would not light. So be sure to have a backup plan. I'm gonna send it back to get it fixed. I was surprized at how good it worked when it did work.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

I have two spring bear hunts behind me with one, and one without one (before they were invented). I think they are amazing. Even with a stiff breeze in a tree stand I have been well protected. You may have an occ. bite, but still a fantastic protection. Most of the time I dont bother with a head net at all, unless I am in the open (then more for face and glasses screening than for bugs). Bring plenty of extra fill ups along. The cards are good for about 4 hrs, and can be replaced as you are sitting there. The fuel cannister is good for about 8 hrs, usually enough for a days bear hunt.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

They work awesome everytime I have had one in the tree with me.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Worth every penny! I don't go to the woods without mine.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

Hands down, may be the best invention on the planet. I have 3 and have given several away to family and friends. During skeeter season, you won't catch me out without one, whether it is spring turkey, fall deer, or during the summer out fishing or videoing deer. I carry one in the truck during skeeter season.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Typical Buck

I used one of the OFF! brand knockoffs during turkey season and it seemed to work as well as the thermocell. I kept it in my truck with me with some refill cartridges just in case. I took it with us to watch fireworks last night at the park and handed it to my wife so I could push the kids on the swings. She came out of the restroom and informed me that it fell off of her belt loop and landed behind the toilet in a puddle. She then explained to me that if I ever wanted to see it again that I had to go retrieve it from the Gals' room because she wasn't going to reach back there and pick the nasty thing up. So, long story short, I have no skeeter repellin' tool any longer... And that sucks.

rw
Old 07-06-2010, 02:30 AM
Spike

word of advice,,,if you're using one in the stand make sure you set it someplace where you won't be breathing in the fumes...sounds simple enough but sometimes the simple things slip by..they don't have a strong smell if you're not breathing them in directly...but if you start getting a headache ...move it away from you...I'm in Northern New Brunswick,,,the black flies and skeeders can carry you away...these things work great!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 05:46 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

I bought one before I went on my bear hunt in Canada. It worked great. I also used it on my Osceola hunt in FL. I can't imagine going into the woods without it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.