Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Let me get eveyones' opinion... >

Let me get eveyones' opinion...

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Let me get eveyones' opinion...

Old 06-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default Let me get eveyones' opinion...

What improvement or invention do you think has had the most impact on YOU since you've been hunting? Inline smokepoles? heavier-than-lead shot? camo patterns? scent control? rocket-speed bows? The list goes on.

Let me know what you think...

rw
Old 06-10-2010, 04:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hunt12ga
What improvement or invention do you think has had the most impact on YOU since you've been hunting? Inline smokepoles? heavier-than-lead shot? camo patterns? scent control? rocket-speed bows? The list goes on.

Let me know what you think...

rw

For me it would be the improvements to the climbing treestand such as those from Summit, Lone Wolf, & Treewalker. I started out and my friends used the old Baker Climbers. These were an accident waiting to happen. These newer stands, if used and maintained properly, are much safer, quieter, and lighter than earlier climbers.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll agree with climbers and pop ups, but as an archery hunter the introduction of the compound bow has had the most impact for me. I started with a recurve as a kid in the '60's.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

i also would say climbing treestands
Old 06-12-2010, 01:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know it has been around for a while but I would say ThermaCell has been the biggest thing to me.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Probably not what you are after, but having two grandsons I have been able to hunt with for the last several years.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:59 AM
Typical Buck

That's a good one, 'cruiser! Not looking for anything in particular, just a boredom question.

For me, the biggest impact on my recent hunting years has been marrying my wife! Not only has that limited my hunting time (a little) but it got me into a family with access to some great hunting properties.

As far as hunting equipment itself, I think ammo inflation has had the biggest impact on me. I can't afford to plink like I used to with 'cheap' ammo. There isn't much of that to be found anymore!

rw
Old 06-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow ! I have thought a bunch on this ....

If I were pinned down and had to name one product that has made my hunting experience more successful and more enjoyable it would be something rather mundane .... excellent, light weight, wicking thermal underwear.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

Improvements in fabrics for insulation and weatherproofing, and quality affordable scopes.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:55 AM
Typical Buck

time in the woods!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.