Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Warren & Sweat Imperial Climbing Treestand >

Warren & Sweat Imperial Climbing Treestand

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Warren & Sweat Imperial Climbing Treestand

Old 05-06-2010, 08:56 AM
Spike

Default Warren & Sweat Imperial Climbing Treestand

Hi,

I recently bought a used Warren & Sweat Climbing Treestand, Imperial model, without the manual. The company was sold off or went out of business. Here is the stand: http://hunting.about.com/od/stands/gr/ws_imperial02.htm

Does anyone have a PDF of the manual or know where I can get one?

Thanks,

Ken
Old 05-11-2010, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default No manual; but some information

Warren and Sweat was before computers. I do have some general information.

Many parts were available from a hardware store or building products store.

W & S recommended using Grade 5 or Grade 8 bolts(used to secure the bar to the tree) Available at hardware stores. The bolt nuts were also available there.
W & S used foam insulation over the bars. It is actually used to insulate pipes from freezing. Available at building supply and hardware stores.
The ones that had separate foam cushions, could be easily replaced. Foam inserts(cut yourself) were available from a fabric center. The outside fabric could be fitted and sewn at a tailor shop.

W & S made a nice tree stand, for its time, some 20 years ago.