Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Blood Tracker Spary, Need feed back >

Blood Tracker Spary, Need feed back

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Blood Tracker Spary, Need feed back

Old 04-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Typical Buck

Default Blood Tracker Spary, Need feed back

Last year me and a friend came up with a spray that foams up orange when it comes in contact with proteins found in blood. This helps when the blood trail gets lite or down to small drops of blood.
Some testing we did last year found that it would work on blood that had been on grass for 16 hours. We also put it on a small blood sport from where a deer that was shot has died. A week later we went back and sprayed the spot and it worked. Other nice thing is it is scent and odor free so it would not scary deer if you had to go into bedding area or places where hide. We are in the process of getting a patent. My question is do you all think it would be something you would like to have as a back up in trailing big game. We are looking at selling a 16 oz. bottle for around $ 12.00 and maybe a gallon refill in or around $ 20.00.
Please give me you feed back.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you didn't know where the blood was you would need a 55 gallow drum with a pressure sprayer to find it. I think hydrogen pyroxide will do the same thing.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Fork Horn

Baking soda water, and soap has the same effect. but id have to agree with the above post u would have to be spraying about 3 from the ground also.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by timbercruiser
If you didn't know where the blood was you would need a 55 gallow drum with a pressure sprayer to find it. I think hydrogen pyroxide will do the same thing.
I agree hydrogen pyroxide will do the same and doesn't smell also and for less money
Old 04-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

The gimmick will sell with newbies for a season, then be dead in the water. Certainly nothing I have ever needed to carry.