Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

best climber???

Old 02-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

i paid 286 for my summit 180 max at bowfreaks.but bought the lone wolf stabilizer straps and the foot rest so it was around 324 .
Old 02-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Typical Buck

Thats not bad, im just a tight wad. I have a real hard time turnin loose of anything in excess of $50
Old 02-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by podunk kennels
Thats not bad, im just a tight wad. I have a real hard time turnin loose of anything in excess of $50
i see people all over dying with money.drove old cars etc....
i used to watch things close but now that i am older fart, hey i cant take money with me so i am now spending it on things like this.

i want best too.i bought a beretta uricka field shotgun for 900 that is now in 1 year over 1,000.best gun i ever owned.me and toby hunt grouse a lot too.bought new chevy colorado that lists for 31,000.
i am spending it now and enjoying doing it.booking a trip to so.dakota for pheasant hunting this year .
sad the people i see in my area that have lots of money living vert frugal.turn heat down in house, turn lights off and drive old cars and dont fix their homes.

hard to understand that thinking but many came thru depression in early 20s ....you have to laugh when they say they are very poor and all have million dollars or more.......
Old 02-12-2010, 01:25 PM
Fork Horn

Glad you like the viper classic.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:50 AM
Fork Horn

Tghe only climber that I woukld think about buying would be a Summit.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default summit climbers

i did a lot of mods to my summit.if anyone is interested ,drop me pm. too much to list here.......
Old 02-15-2010, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default No Tree Stand is perfect for everyone

I have an old stand, in perfect shape, that I improved over time.

It is too heavy for some, like those out of shape or have a bad back.
It is big enough for me; too small for a 270 lb. hunter. The seat fits my backside, but surely not everyone.
My stand has a rail of some type; isn't a open seat. Some of us are prone not to like "open diving boards" and like the constant reminder that we're 20-25 feet off the ground.

I have a back on the stand, where I don't have to prop my back up to a tree for hours. I can face the tree, and use one tree as cover, if all the leaves have fallen.

So the most popular stands aren't necessarily for everyone. And I hope they never come to one size fits all. Because that tree stand never existed, in my opinion.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:57 AM
Typical Buck

I had the Viper and im 6'4 250lbs and while it was the most comfy stand up to that point,I could of used the extra room..SO i sold it and paid $305 out the door for the Summit Titan and that has got to be the best $300 I have ever spent..Its identical to the viper,but just bigger and has more room..Its nothing to be able to sit all day in this thing,its truly like a lazy boy in a tree...Some people will skimp when it comes to a climbing stand,but when you do,you skimp on comfort and saftey..The summit climber grip the tree like no other,it actually diggs into it,when Im ready to climb down,I have to actually pull the stand out of the tree...Don't hesitate to spend some money on a good stand..And just FYI,never leave it in the woods,thats the best way to not get it stolen..I'll never leave my Titan in the woods by itself..
Old 02-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default summit titan

thats nice stand.you are right,more room is nice.even on my summit 180 max,if not for the foot rest ,your toes stick on end of floor.
but i hunt facing tree most of time and lots of room for my feet.
i did away with my foot stirrups so i have lots of room on floor.
bungee cord in its place i like better.

i did a lot of little mods to my summit 180 max and most likely will do more...........
Old 02-25-2010, 06:39 AM
Fork Horn

I have a Summit Titan, I am 6' 3" and 265 lbs. it's perfect for me....very comfortable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.