Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Cabelas Wooltimate Hunting Clothes >

Cabelas Wooltimate Hunting Clothes

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Cabelas Wooltimate Hunting Clothes

Old 01-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Spike

Default Cabelas Wooltimate Hunting Clothes

Does anyone own Cabelas Wooltimate hunting clothes with windshear. They have the jacket, pants, and vest on sale. Please let me know if they are any good and if not, other suggestions. The temp. range I will be hunting is 0 to 50 degrees. Also, does anyone own a pair of Danner Pronghorns? Are they worth the money?
Old 01-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

Its worth every penny. I am buying more at the prices they have on it.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

Thumbs up Good stuff!

I have both. I have the Cabelas Wooltimate henley with windstopper, I used it extensively this past fall on a late season mule deer hunt in ND. Outstanding layering piece. The stuff is warm, comfortable and deadly silent! The only negative is that the fabric does collect burrs and pills to some degree. Well worth the money IMO. I also have a pair of Danner Pronghorns(uninsulated) they are a very light and comfortable boot requiring very little break-in. They are great for upland type hunting but lack good ankle support if you plan to use them for mountain hunting. It's Meindl or nothing for me as a mountain boot... Hope this helps.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the wooltimate pants with windstopper, they are very warm and washable.
I also have the Danner Pronghorn insulated hunting boots, they are good for archery and early season rifle hunting.

I consider both items to be good products.