HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   What new gear worked really well for you this year? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/314039-what-new-gear-worked-really-well-you-year.html)

dkbs 01-03-2010 05:49 AM

What new gear worked really well for you this year?

Two items that I used in the last couple of weeks really made me appreciate having them.

The badlands superday pack I got as a christmas gift and the dead sled I'd bought a year ago.

The pack has this pouch to hold the rifle. I put one leg of my small folding chair and one leg of my tripod in it and away I go. It handles the two very well for the late season hunts when I prefer not to treestand because of the temps.

The dead sled I used two nights ago to get a big doe out of hilly area and in the deep snow, it worked great. Would have been out in the near zero temps. at least an hour longer without it.

Dan

Western MA Hunter 01-06-2010 05:35 AM

No new gear for me this year... everything worked fine!

Cut'em Jack 01-06-2010 05:55 AM

Purple Nitrile gloves for dressing and skinning versus regular latex. Stronger and last longer.. Also the $2 plastic flask I got from Gander instead a carrying a noisy water bottle.

Nothing fancy, just the basics.....

deerman69 01-12-2010 12:44 AM

The new battery operated scent dispencer from droptime. The thing ran for 2 months straight on 1 set of batteries and always worked. I have over the years used scape drippers and a lot of times I would come back in a week to find that they were still full. This is a neat little product. I already got 2 more as Christmas gifts. deerman

WaccamawHunter 01-14-2010 06:22 AM

Well it's not very new but it was my first year using it. I bought a Thermacell this year and it was absolutely awesome.

mferman 01-15-2010 04:48 PM

Sitka Gear and Cabela's Wooltimate

wavedrop 04-22-2010 12:46 PM

I made purchase this year of a Gerber Freeman fixed blade knife and I was very satisfied with it. I have some other Gerber Knives in my collection but I decided to go with this one because it came recommended. I got a pretty good price on it. I was impressed with how strong and sharp the knife was.

sproulman 05-07-2010 07:04 PM

knight/hale flashing remote beacon light. i can hang it near my treestand and find my stand in dark.it has remote to turn it on.this way i dont stink up woods looking for my stand in dark.

my light for my hat so when i climb in morning in dark with my summit,my hands are free and i have light to see climbing.

brocktea 05-20-2010 09:16 AM

Youth Camo

This year I won a Camo Package at a RMEF Banquet. It was technical youth camo apparel for my son. I took him out turkey hunting and it was quiet, water prof and worked great. Its from a company called Lucky Bums.

7025 Jack 07-15-2010 11:23 AM

Cabelas wooltimate fleece and I LOVE my steiner predator 8x42 bino's and Leica CRF 1200 rangefinder. won't hunt w/o them!