Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
What new gear worked really well for you this year? >

What new gear worked really well for you this year?

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

What new gear worked really well for you this year?

Old 01-03-2010, 05:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default What new gear worked really well for you this year?

Two items that I used in the last couple of weeks really made me appreciate having them.

The badlands superday pack I got as a christmas gift and the dead sled I'd bought a year ago.

The pack has this pouch to hold the rifle. I put one leg of my small folding chair and one leg of my tripod in it and away I go. It handles the two very well for the late season hunts when I prefer not to treestand because of the temps.

The dead sled I used two nights ago to get a big doe out of hilly area and in the deep snow, it worked great. Would have been out in the near zero temps. at least an hour longer without it.

Dan
Old 01-06-2010, 05:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

No new gear for me this year... everything worked fine!
Old 01-06-2010, 05:55 AM
Banned

Purple Nitrile gloves for dressing and skinning versus regular latex. Stronger and last longer.. Also the $2 plastic flask I got from Gander instead a carrying a noisy water bottle.

Nothing fancy, just the basics.....
Old 01-12-2010, 12:44 AM
Spike

The new battery operated scent dispencer from droptime. The thing ran for 2 months straight on 1 set of batteries and always worked. I have over the years used scape drippers and a lot of times I would come back in a week to find that they were still full. This is a neat little product. I already got 2 more as Christmas gifts. deerman
Old 01-14-2010, 06:22 AM
Spike

Well it's not very new but it was my first year using it. I bought a Thermacell this year and it was absolutely awesome.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Spike

Sitka Gear and Cabela's Wooltimate
Old 04-22-2010, 12:46 PM
Spike

I made purchase this year of a Gerber Freeman fixed blade knife and I was very satisfied with it. I have some other Gerber Knives in my collection but I decided to go with this one because it came recommended. I got a pretty good price on it. I was impressed with how strong and sharp the knife was.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

knight/hale flashing remote beacon light. i can hang it near my treestand and find my stand in dark.it has remote to turn it on.this way i dont stink up woods looking for my stand in dark.

my light for my hat so when i climb in morning in dark with my summit,my hands are free and i have light to see climbing.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:16 AM
Spike

Talking Youth Camo

This year I won a Camo Package at a RMEF Banquet. It was technical youth camo apparel for my son. I took him out turkey hunting and it was quiet, water prof and worked great. Its from a company called Lucky Bums.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:23 AM
Spike

Cabelas wooltimate fleece and I LOVE my steiner predator 8x42 bino's and Leica CRF 1200 rangefinder. won't hunt w/o them!