Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Moultrie I40 put in the woods today. >

Moultrie I40 put in the woods today.

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Moultrie I40 put in the woods today.

Old 12-15-2009, 03:17 PM
Spike

Default Moultrie I40 put in the woods today.

Well, I went and bought a Moultrie I40 today. Not impressed with the quality of this camera. Its the first I've owned and had to take one of them back after 1 hour of use. It kept giving random error codes. I finally got the replacement and got home with it. I took some random pictures with it in the house to test it out a little before putting it in the woods. I removed the SD card and put it in my camera to review the pics. When done I put the card back in the I40 and it continually gives me a communication error. I played with it for 30 minutes and it had major problems. I couldn't even hardly get the buttons work. It was like a computer lagging or something. I finally found one of my old 2 gig cards from one of my cameras and put it in it. It works good now. I have no idea whats going on with these cameras but I'm scared that I made a mistake spending $200 bucks on this brand. Anyway, I look forward to seeing if i capture any critters tonight. Hopefully I'll get a peak of a 10 point everyone's talking about frequenting my property.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:25 AM
Fork Horn

mine works fine. same cam. maybe you had a non compatible chip?! idk?
Old 12-16-2009, 08:56 AM
Spike

I have the same one. Never had a problem. Been using it for over a year.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have two I-40s and knock on wood, I have never had the first problem with either one. You mentioned it got better when you swaped sd cards, so that could be your problem. Make sure you save your reciept because when I have called them, they always want it. It is your proof of date of purchase. Good luck and post your pics in the trailcam section when you get some.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 12-17-2009, 01:32 AM
Typical Buck

I've got the step down from the I40, the Moultrie game spy 4.0, had it two years and real happy with it. Kinda big and bulky but for $70. I'm getting another one or two this year. I have read some bad reviews on the I40's. Hope it works out for you.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

I have 2 of these and I have a couple friends that have the same camera, none of us have had any issues to speak of, try replacing the card.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:16 PM
Spike

Myself and 2 friends have these and after two years they are all failing, the digital display starts to disappear and even with new batteries won't take pictures. I wouldn't spend the money on these again.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

remove your batterys and put them back in,sometimes that fixes it.
TAKE YOUR SD CARD AND PUSH IT IN AND OUT until it starts working.some cards do not work good in these cameras.sometimes i have to push sd card in /out 6 times for screen to work.

moultrie says certain sd cards dont work well .i use kingston card and it does not work all time.most of problems are the SD cards.
they do have problem with the glass screen goes fuzzy and its hard to read over time.

all cameras have problems.........chasingame has great info on all cameras.......

Last edited by sproulman; 01-19-2010 at 07:16 PM.