Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Lacrosse alpha sst vs alphabarly >

Lacrosse alpha sst vs alphabarly

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Lacrosse alpha sst vs alphabarly

Old 12-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Spike

Default Lacrosse alpha sst vs alphabarly

what boot do you think is a beter boot for cold wether hunting? also can you get up a tree (climbing stand) with the alphaburlys?
Old 12-21-2009, 12:19 PM
Spike

Default Sure

Yes you can climb just fine with the alphas. I love mine. They are the uninsulated camo ones, so they are not made for extremely cold weather. With good socks they are good down to about 28 degrees or so.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Fork Horn

i have the alpha burlys,i have used them in a summit viper they worked fine.
mine are the 1200 gram if you put a thin pair of poly propelyne socks on with a pair of good shamino wool socks there good to about 20+ Max my feet sweat bad walking in them the propelynes help wick the moisture
i heard the Woody muck boots are better for warm and comfort,i ain't complaing but when your feet get cold the hunts over
Old 12-23-2009, 01:50 AM
Spike

I have to be a bit careful wearing my Muck boots. I have very sweaty feet as well and despite the poly and wool socks, my feet get a little "clammy" in them. Cold feet follow shortly.