Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.
View Poll Results: Best ATV brand?
CAN-AM
6.98%
Kawasaki
9.30%
Arctic Cat
6.98%
Suzuki
6.98%
Yamaha
16.28%
Honda
48.84%
Polaris
9.30%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Who makes the best ATV?

Old 11-29-2009, 10:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Who makes the best ATV?

Best utility style, fuel injected, 4x4 ATV? ie each lines biggest and baddest atvs, or their top model line...

If a brand has 2 models of the same machine, ie a 500, 650, 800, or 450/700 etc....
will the bigger machine do the work easier? ie a farm implement, plow, planter etc...for food plots?

Personally I could care less about going 120mph, as long as a machine does 40mph and can do a food plot I'd be happy, also not get stuck in the mud, and make it up a hill. But it seems all machines in the same model/line are rated for the same weight/towing, so would a 700 tow/plant better than a 450? ie less wear/tear on the machine? If not I'd just assume get the smaller machine, but I'm thinking the transmission is the biggest worry about an atv for planting etc..., and the 700s would prob be beefed up simply because of the bigger engine? but maybe not?

Thanks.

Last edited by salukipv1; 11-30-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

As far as good dependable low maintenance,good power,overall performance ,at resonable cost .HONDA all the way.If specialty is what you need for work around the homestead.Towing ,pulling and general work horse then I would say The 'Zuki with If forget which model maybe the Kong Quad ,the one with all of the different shifters,speed ranges,front diff lock and some other features
Old 11-30-2009, 07:00 AM
Spike

HONDA and only HONDA

I have owned Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki.

HONDA is by far the best machine made, most dependable, and run forever.

I am not like I used to be now but I used to PUT them through everything and TO THE TEST. Honda.

And several Honda and Suzuki.
One Yamaha and it was junk.

Artic Cat is the BIGGEST piece of crap to ever have been thought of.
I know two people that have these and do nothing but have them in the shop all the time. Been worked on more than they have been ridden. Pick it up Friday, Ride one maybe two days, take it back on Monday. Weekend Machine Only. POS POS POS
Old 11-30-2009, 03:01 PM
Dominant Buck

I have a Suzuki 450 King Quad. It has good clearance for snow travel, fuel injection, a locking diff and IRS. All priced below 6K new. Good machine for the money. If you want a worker for plots get a Honda.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 12-02-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Honda and Yamaha , you can't go wrong with either one.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Spike

Have a Honda 500 Rubicon foreman, really good machine for me. It is 4wd all the time, I think you can put a kit on it to switch it to 2wd and back to 4wd. This might help with steering, I have hauled quite a few deer out with it, in the last 8 years.....
Old 12-03-2009, 08:58 AM
Spike

HONDA....I own a Honda utility bike and a sport bike. Low maitenance, run forever, very tough. No complaints on either the utility or the sport bike.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:06 AM
Spike

I did not vote as I've only been exposed to a few brands. I currently have an Arctic Cat 650V2 & really like it, does everything I need it to do & haven't had any trouble with it. I would vote against Polaris though, we have 2 500 sportsmans at work & they are always in the shop for one thing or another. I know the guys are hard on them, but they should be able to take a little abuse! Always hear good things about Honda though...
Old 12-04-2009, 09:59 AM
Typical Buck

i have to agree and disagree with some of the posts. I think that Yamaha and honda are the 2 best with suzuki as a close 3rd.

If you stick with any of these 3 you will be fine. However, it's important to note a few things. What do you want in an ATV.. just reliability? if so then all 3 again are fine. however, do you care about ground clearance, belt vs drive transmission, 4x4 with locking diff? this all makes a big difference.

let me explain. i just bought a 2009 Grizzly 550 yamaha. Best ATV i could find. I have had many yamaha's and all are rock solid. My entire family drives Honda so i have been around both for a long long time. The reason i went with the grizzly is;

1. true 4x4 with locking diff... THE HONDA does NOT offer this. I see this feature as a must
2. better ground clearance. This is so important when crawling thru the woods. HONDA has the lowest clearence.
3. belt vs drive - Honda has a automotive type trans.. you may say thats great but the maintenance of this or repair is so expensive its not worth it. The others all use belt. $60 buys you a new belt and your done. Yamaha also has the most efficient belt drive in the industry.
4. Honda's are small. the grizzly 550 is full size.

Now, honda's are great machines and they are reliable. But they don't change. they don't have any of the new technology the others have. they are resting on their laurels. At some point they need to put some of the things people want on their ATV's. Again, locking differential should be STANDARD on an ATV. Honda doesn't offer it.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a Polaris once, never again. I now have a 06 Honda Rincon 680.So far no problems.I would recommend any Honda over a Polaris and probably allot of other makes and models.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.