Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Tree Saddle

Old 11-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Spike

Default Tree Saddle

Has anyone used the tree saddle? Is it really as comfortable as the advertisements make it out to be? I have a bad back and somedays I have a hard time in a hang-on for a full day hunt. Also, I hunt in 3 different states and many different properties namely in PA and am looking for a cheaper way to make stands. Several of my out of state stands are coming up missing. I was wondering about your overall ratings of the tree saddle. Thank you.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:26 PM
Spike

i prefer to use my tree saddle in the early season when im not wearing alot of extra clothing it tends to make a bulky coat ride up. it is alot more comfortable i think because you are in a standing position and to sit down you just bend your knees. also you need to wear the knee pads with it or your knees will hurt like hell from pressing against the tree for hours
Old 11-06-2009, 09:25 AM
Spike

This is my second year in the Saddle. I find it extremely comfortable. I have some neurological issues with my back and it doesnt seem to bother me at all. If anything my back feels better in it, rather than sitting in a regular stand seat. I have spent up to 6 hrs in the saddle with no issues. I agree that you need to invest in the knee pads. The first few times you use it will be trial and error. You have to find what works best for you. Im not saying this is the only stand that you will ever need. Its just another tool that we hunters have available. Good luck.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:22 PM
Spike

I dont think I will quit using my hang ons, but for some of my out of state hunting areas that are thieve questionable, a tree saddle might be a little more ideal. Also my farm is so thick it might help a little with shot opporotunitys. I have heard deer walk past me no more than 20 yards in some of my stands and never even saw them. Maybe with the saddle I can change some of my luck. I am glad that you said it doesn't hurt your back, that was what I was hoping to hear. Thanks.