Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

help on a tree stand

Old 11-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Spike

Smile help on a tree stand

I know a guy who has offered to sell me a climber for 50 bucks. I looked at it, now name on it. The only thing I find is Primal Vantage Company. I haven't found a whole lot of info on the net either. The stand looks like brand new, so you all think its worth 50 bucks?
Old 11-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't know it unless I saw it. I believe they also make the Ameristep treestands and others made from China. It's hard to say without knowing what model it is.

Maybe you can post a pic of it or a similar treestand?

iSnipe
Old 11-01-2009, 01:24 PM
Spike

i am looking for one as we speak
Old 11-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Ava
Fork Horn

Are you getting an instruction manual with it? If not, I wouldn't buy it. Reason being, you have to know that tree stand inside and out and how are you going to do that if you don't have everything it came with.

JMO.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Spike

you can get the manual and everything from the net...I just need the model #. I think it is a hunters view, from the best I can gather from pics here and there...I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I didn't think I could go wrong for 50 bucks though....
Old 11-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

As long as it is in good condition and it is a certafied stand as being safe it should be good for 50 bucks . it probably is heavy and not as nice of features as a more expensive one but for the price you should be good to get yourself a stand
Old 11-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Go look at the climber and climb a tree 15 or so feet up and sit in it for 30 or more minutes. Check out how well it grips the tree and see how comfortable it is.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by timbercruiser
Go look at the climber and climb a tree 15 or so feet up and sit in it for 30 or more minutes. Check out how well it grips the tree and see how comfortable it is.
Good advice Timbercruiser !

Also,check the weld's(if there is any)and straps to make sure it's safe before you do it though.
But for $50 you can always fix it up a bit and make it worthy.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:56 AM
Spike

I am going to use it one evening this week. I use ladders regularly, and thought it would be nice to have this one in case I want to go to a different area, and don't want to take one of the ladders down in the middle of the season...all the straps are like new, not even dirty. I thought it was a good deal, but I just wanted to ask first....thanks guys