Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

bowhunting climber

Old 01-19-2010, 10:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default summit 180 maqx

well, it was hard for me to make decision .i went with SUMMIT 180 MAX.
from info you folks gave me and hours of reading,the summits,lone wolf were ones that most liked.
it was hard for me to pick up until i did a lot of reading and e-mailing.
what sold me on the 180 max is i like to face tree to hide me somewhat.it has rail and they made it wider on seat area so i can wear heavy clothes.stirrups i like and sit/climb and it seems that summits sit in deeper on trees than most climbers.some only have few teeth that are into tree.
seat is best on comfort , I LIKE THAT A LOT as if i cant be comfortable, i cant sit.

lone wolf had me real interested.belts are quite,its lighter than most and packs better.seats are not real comfortable and does not face tree with nice rail behind your back.

the lone wolf wide fit one was 420 with foot rest etc with shipping.
summit was 320 with foot rest shipping .'
i used difference to buy a knight beacon light and lone wolf cinch straps.
if lone wolf could face tree and better seat, i think i may have gone with it ,price was not what sold me on the summit....

will give update in next few months as i try it out.i cant believe how far climbing stands have come.when i used them years ago they were very dangerous and heavy as h.

i am kind of excited to get this a try.my ladderstands just are not working on publicland now.i really liked them veryt much......
Old 01-22-2010, 12:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

You aint kidding about coming a long ways..lol. I still have my old Warren and Sweat climber in the storage shed. That thing definied cumbersome.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

this is why i was so down on climbers. i saw ton of injuries years ago and stands were very heavy/noisy.
today, boy they are real nice.
my summit 180 max without trying it i dont like TING hollow sound from inside.
i am working on putting that round foam insulation inside it if it will push to back or try to get spray foam in there someway.i do believe that sealing those openings will make summits quieter.
so i am playing around with that idea right now.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sproul... To make my Goliath quieter I user the ol foam rubber tape on it. You know the stuff they made to put on the bed rail of a pickup when you used a camper top on it to keep from scratching the bed? It works well. It isnt the prettiest stuff but it is pretty good for that.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default good idea

i have some of that from my old chevy cab.it is gray color.my summit skins just about cover the whole bottom of platform.