Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Moultrie Feeder i40 Digital Game Camera >

Moultrie Feeder i40 Digital Game Camera

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Moultrie Feeder i40 Digital Game Camera

Old 10-25-2009, 07:28 AM
Spike

Default Moultrie Feeder i40 Digital Game Camera

I'm not sure where to post this but I wanted everyone to be aware of the problems I have encountered with Moultrie Feeder's Game Cameras. I bought two brand new cameras from Walmart last month. Almost immediately there was a problem with the flash on the cameras. I get a 20000 error with the game cameras.

I have tried on several occasions to contact Moultrie via email and the phone number listed on their website.

[email protected]
800-653-3334 - toll-free telephone number
205-664-6700 - telephone number

The company simply doesn't respond to my emails and the telephone answering machine tells you how busy they are as they keep you on hold for over 30 minutes (several times) without actually getting to a human being to speak with.

All I ask is for the company to stand behind their warranty and fix the units. No avail. I have contacted the BBB but so far they haven't responded to them either (over 14 days).

I just wanted to make everyone aware of my situation so you don't end up in the same situation. Beware of Moultrie Feeders products and customer service.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:37 AM
Typical Buck

I love my moultrie cams-ive never had a problem.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:21 AM
Spike

I havent had any problems with Moultrie cameras either.......I have owned 6 and all of them are currently in use taking pictures for over 3 years now. If I could complain it is that I wish they would go back to the 6 volt battery instead of the D cell which are way to expensive. Sorry for your frustration..best of luck
Old 10-25-2009, 11:04 AM
Fork Horn

All I use is Moultrie cams and only had 1 flash go out. They had me a new cam in about a week.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:07 AM
Typical Buck

only problem i ever had with my moultries was theft i love them i40 is my fav cam never had problems did u update the cam at all?
Old 10-25-2009, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

re turn em to walmart
Old 10-25-2009, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Half baked is right just return them to Walmart.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Spike

I had a moisture problem with 2 of my I40, called moutrie and they said to ship them and they would send me 2 new ones which they did. Then I had my other I40 mess up and found it to be full of ants. Once again called Moultrie and told them and also informed them that I couldn't find the reciept for this one and they said because I had problems with the other two that they would replace it also even without the reciept. They also said that they had been running into the ant problem and were encouraging people to put some ant bait at the base of the tree to stop the ants. So I now do this and I also built some boxes with plywood back and plexiglass sides and top to protect them from the rain. This is working great.