Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Hunting CLothes???

Old 09-28-2009, 09:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hunting CLothes???

Hey guys i am in dire need of some good hunting clothes for this blisteringly cold winter whitetail hunting in missouri. I can't afford all kinds of super fancy scent lok stuff. I have about $150 in the budget that covers pants, parka, gloves. Can i get some help finding some stuff i can't seem to find anything.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Try here.
http://www.graywolfwoolens.com/store/home.php
Absolutely top shelf clothing
Old 09-29-2009, 03:51 AM
Typical Buck

Heck, you can hunt in some old Army BDUs from the surplus store. Just get them too big and layer up with long johns and sweat pants. Wash them all in some scent free soap and you are good to go.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:34 AM
Fork Horn

well then what about some super warm clothes to wear under the army surplus??
Old 09-29-2009, 08:48 AM
Typical Buck

Wool is your best friend for cold weather. Wool mittens with the flaps that fold back to expose your fingers (good for shooting). A hand muff helps. You see NFL players where them in Chicago, GreenBay, Buffalo, New England. A good thick wool stocking cap to keep your head warm. And here is something to try that has worked for me, get a box of the Thermacare heat wraps that go around your lower back, place one of them on over you first layer (polypro underwear) and you are good to go with some heat. Also, stay away from cotton as much as possible, not good for wicking away moisture which isnt good in cold weather. Fleece pullovers are a good thing to have as well. If you protect your feet, hands, and head/neck area you will be good to go if you layer your torso and legs appropriately.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

what sizes do you wear? I've got some stuff but most of it is 3x-4x.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Levi's & Flannel Shirt...............I have used Cover All's for many years......Used Burlap bags as Pancho's......

If you insist on Camo, find a Army Surplus store and find your size!
Old 09-29-2009, 10:19 AM
Spike

Keep an eye on the classifieds on this site. Also, keep an eye on the Cabela's bargain basement deals. You can often pick up stuff for 50% off there.

Good luck.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Some good deals here;

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...=cat21404_ntw1
Old 10-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by The Outdoorsman
Wool is your best friend for cold weather. Wool mittens with the flaps that fold back to expose your fingers (good for shooting). A hand muff helps. You see NFL players where them in Chicago, GreenBay, Buffalo, New England. A good thick wool stocking cap to keep your head warm. And here is something to try that has worked for me, get a box of the Thermacare heat wraps that go around your lower back, place one of them on over you first layer (polypro underwear) and you are good to go with some heat. Also, stay away from cotton as much as possible, not good for wicking away moisture which isnt good in cold weather. Fleece pullovers are a good thing to have as well. If you protect your feet, hands, and head/neck area you will be good to go if you layer your torso and legs appropriately.
Good advice. The real trick is to stay dry. If you sweat walking in you will get real cold when you sit still. Nothing will help then. I walk in with my jacket open or off. It's better to be cold while walking than to sweat even a little. Too many socks can restict circulation in your boots and make your feet cold. Wiggling your toes will increase circulation to your feet so make sure there is room in your boots for that. You can even loosen your laces when you get there to give yourself more room.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.