Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

therma cell question

Old 09-29-2009, 08:58 AM
Typical Buck

I find these to be a bit expensive but this is the second review of them (other was on a coyote forum) and nothing but good positive results about them. Gonna have to break down and buy one.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:58 AM
Fork Horn

Bass Pro had them on sale for $15. Hated forking over $10 bucks for the holster.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:26 PM
Fork Horn

I was thinking that maybe in the horizontal position, the metal plate might get warmer since the heat is rising and this might make dispersal of the repellent a little more effective. I don't have anything to base this statement on. Just seems like common sense to me. Mine also works in either position so maybe it is a mute point.

As an FYI to those unaware, You can use the Conair Cordless Curl butane canisters in place of the much more expensive Thermacell canisters. You do need an plastic adapter to make them work. Here is an example of what I quickly found on Ebay. I am sure there are others http://cgi.ebay.com/20-Thermacell-Co...d=p3286.c0.m14
Old 09-29-2009, 03:06 PM
Fork Horn

when moveing i wear my holster on my arm and generaly it gets hot. when i move it to a back pack or fanny pack it doesnt work as well so i burn, small price to pay when the bugs would carry you away other wize, all hail therma cell
Old 10-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Spike

Used mine while Dove hunting,just hung it from a cornstalk.Works great.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:56 PM
Spike

Thanks sharing. It's geat
Old 10-18-2010, 06:11 PM
Spike

Its the best investment ive made. Ive been using mine for several yrs. The replacement cartridges are a little pricey but well worth not having mosquitos carry you off. It does put off a slight odor and smoke but Ive used in it ground blinds, tree stands, box stands and other stand you can just about imagine. Horizontal or Vertical it still worked perfectly fine. I have had in my pocket b4 as well but I wouldn't recommend this it does get hot. Ive also had deer come in as close as 20 yds and have never been busted.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are well worth the money. I used mine last weekend. Lit it up and a few minutes later the skeeters were gone.