Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Ammo is confusing me!

Old 08-31-2009, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

The cheaper core-lokts are fine on any North American game. Just experiment on grain weights. Some rifles (even of the same make) prefer different weights.

Re-loading would be something you might want to look into after you've gained much more knowledge and experience with factory ammo.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kevin1
I've had a set of .45 ACP dies on backorder for two months now, and even if I finally get them I may end up having to mold my own bullets to keep the cost down.

If you want real cheap, try going to a local tire outlet and ask if they'll let you have the old balancing weights. It costs them to dispose of them, so I've never had a problem with picking up a bucket of them. That's a lot of lead for free!
Old 08-31-2009, 10:39 AM
Fork Horn

Valentine - You sure cleared it all up!