Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Steiner Binoculars??

Old 08-14-2009, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

Question Steiner Binoculars??

hey guys/gals, i am looking to purchase a good pare of eyes after coming to the conclusion that all the cheap crap i have bought over the past year is crap... i am looking at the steiner range and was wondering if anyone had some pro's and con's and in your opinion what is the best option in the 10x50 pairs?

and if you have any suggestion on a different brand or what ever?

thanks guys and good luck in the up coming season.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:30 PM
Fork Horn

I have no experience with there range finders but I do have a bic with there name on it and it is a surpurb peice of glass. You really cannot go wrong with this namebrand.
I know this does not answer your question but if you buy any Steiner, it should last you a lifetime.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:40 AM
Fork Horn

I have two types of STEINER Binoculars. Both have very good glass. I'm a professional cinematographer and I understand good glass. You can get better, like Swarovski, but you'll pay and pay. It all depends what your standards are.

Steiner 10x26 Predator Pro Compact Binoculars
Steiner 10x50 Military/Marine Binoculars

---
Old 11-21-2009, 07:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Relentless,

You have the right name........................ :-)
Old 11-23-2009, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Relentless Pursuit
Sorry pard...Steiner is junk and that on their best day...............

Really bold statement. If they are junk, what do you like?

The set of Steiner's I've used were great. They worked great in low light.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:07 AM
Spike

Jayman, I just bought a set of Zhumell waterproof 8x42 short barrel binoculars for 94.00. I couldn't be happier with them, I took them out hunting yesterday in the rain and they worked great. They are made really well and they don't look cheap. I looked through my friends high dollar Leupold and I couldn't tell a difference. Look them up on the web, (hayneedle.com) and read all the reviews. They also make them in 10x42 for a couple of dollars more. You will not be disappointed.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

I think they are good glass. Like em alot!
Old 05-25-2011, 12:34 AM
Spike

Well think It is pitch black and drizzling. You listen to*the sound of several shots fired below you. You hear instructions*barked out over the police band radio. You scramble*to get into place*and get to*your binoculars. You pray they not foggy. You remember*they are Steiner binoculars and the concern is gone. This situation*played out all over the world in both Police forces and Military forces. They trust in*Steiner Germany to convey*a elegant*binocular that works in these anxiety circumstances. It could literally*mean the difference between life and death. Just think if the Police Sniper could not find the target because his binoculars did not function correctly.