Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Stormy Kromer hat

Old 07-22-2009, 02:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default Stormy Kromer hat

Does anyone use any of these hats? I'm thinking of getting one and was wondering the good and bad of these hats
Old 07-22-2009, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are well made, very durable, and always look good, but the wool material isn't very thick and the flaps don't cover my ears entirely. For me it doesn't work for really cold weather. It is my preferred cool weather spring and fall cap. I probably will never wear it out.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:12 AM
Fork Horn

I have three Kromers that I wear all winter long. A red, black and a camo. As Wingbone said, their use as a hunting hat it limited to cooler weather. When November rolls in here in Michigan, a Kromer doesn't offer enough protection. Particularly the ear flaps that slide down are intended for short term use and not setting in cold temperatures for extended periods. The flaps don't cover the bottom lobe of the ear very well either. However, in cooler weather they would work great (although I don't wear mine hunting a lot). For every day use they suit me just fine. Being a chrome dome to begin with, I find them very warm and extremely comfortable, ideal in windy conditions because Kromer's wife designed it for this reason (read the story inside your new Kromer hat). They are sized according to the actual size of your head and not by sm med lg etc. I think you will enjoy your new Kromer and always keep in mind what their poster that's hanging in my cabin says....

Attachment 460
Old 07-25-2009, 06:16 AM
Fork Horn

Not sure the attachment was actually attached, but their poster says,

A FROSTY HEAD ONLY LOOKS GOOD ON BEER

(gotta hate blowing a punch line)
Attached Thumbnails Stormy Kromer hat-poster3.jpg  
Old 07-25-2009, 06:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like mine, I use the underarmour head cover under my Kromer and have no problems hunting in below ZERO temps. The ear flaps don't cover my ears but I don't mind, the UA works better for me and its easier to hear deer sneaking up on me! Its a great combination!
Old 07-25-2009, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've got one but it's not my favorite. The ear flaps don't cover very well for me. Guess I'll just stick to the old trooper cap.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Their rancher model has longer earflaps and thinsulate lining. It's a good looking hunting hat.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by 300ultramagshooter
Does anyone use any of these hats?
Just about every rancher in the northwest uses them in the winter.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought one at Cabelas once, cause I thought it looked cool. Wore it once or twice, but Its not very comfortable(itchy) and I look like a jack ass in it.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Take a look.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...set=ISO-8859-1

I have one in camo, but i couldn't find it on their site.

I just wear my regular bill cap over it.

Very warm.....................!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.