Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Stealth Epic Cam

Old 07-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default Stealth Epic Cam

Thinking about trying the EPIC Stealth Cam out for some bow trips this season and can't seem to find any reviews. Based on the search it would appear several guys got them last year but no one has reported back on performance?

How are they in typical woodland cover recording situations?

thanks
Old 07-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Stealth Epic Cam

I dont know, but I would not use them I would use wildgame innovations timber works great and for $99 you can get 2 of them for the price of one of those.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

I got one last year and I would give this review. Video is not great, espcially in low light. I would use one of these if you do not have any other way to film your hunt. If you put it on your bow riser, the video is going to be unstable and when you release your arrow, you will probably not get the shot on video. Operation of the camera on the bow will be cumbersome and you have to make sure of how many times you push the buttons to start and stop the video. It is a great idea, just wish the video on the camera was better and operation was easier especially when you have it on your bow. On a 1-5 rating, I would give it a 3. Hope this helps and would welcome additional reviews from other users of the camera.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

Midsouth, That is exactly the info I was looking for. I found one review on another site that mentioned the low light issue. I was thinking of placing it on the bill of my cap to film bow hunts? Would love to see the quality of the video other than examples on the Epic site. Still interested but maybe not in the Epic? More info from others will help..
Thanks
Old 07-08-2009, 04:16 AM
Fork Horn

The epic is the lowest priced small video camera that I had found. The roscoby riser cam from what I have been reading provides a little better video quality but their prices is double of what the epic's are.The down side to the roscoby is you are limited to a riser camera. The epic you can mount on your riser, use the hat clip setup(but it was difficult using it on my cap while trying to shoot my bow), andcomes with a mount that screws into a tree and comes with a waterprrof case you can mount it in in case it rains. It is a great idea just wished the quality was better especially in low light. In bright light it is not too bad. Hope this helps
Old 07-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

Midsouth, Sounds like you pretty much answered by questions. I'm thinking I will hold off on the EPIC..
Thanks
Old 07-10-2009, 04:45 AM
Spike

You can use the risercam a lot of different ways. You can mount to a gun using the deerrigde bow and gun mount you can even use it like a hand held camcorder. Plus it is waterproof and youcan add audio by using the microphopne. If you would like to see some of the different ways you can use it and how the videos look go to youtube and put in artypelt and watch mine. I've had mine for over a year now and I would'nt give it up. I'm still finding ways to use it. Let your imagenaton go wild. Good luck deerman
Old 07-10-2009, 08:28 AM
Fork Horn

Here's a review at Chasingame.com

http://www.chasingame.com/index.php?...tealthcam_epic

You might have to scroll around to find it.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Fork Horn

Iowa thanks for the link.. It confirms pretty much what Midsouth said.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4q5rBzS5_M

Here is a video that i found on Youtube. From the looks and sound of it i would save my money.

Quick Reply: Stealth Epic Cam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.