Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Safety Vest Harness

Old 07-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

I bought one of the first HSS models, mossy oak/orange reversible. Have felt very secure in the tree. My brother two years ago used the cheap spaghetti strap harness and hated it every day we hunted. He really liked my HSS and bought one last year. It is a much better system. Have only used the HSS and never any reason to try another. Would purchase another for the price it is worth it. I got the Pro Model.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by buckwild41
Kinda funny this topic has been on numerous sites in recent days? I too have been looking for a new harness and found a harness review posted below. Only covers 4 brands but there is pretty good info plus video of each harness in action.....The guys jumps out of the tree with each... http://forums.bowsite.com/TF/bgforum...ges=40&forum=2
Buck,

Thanks for the link! I would have gave the SOP more consideration if I had seen that review up front. However, since I did buy the HSS I am glad it scored well. The HSS is very easy to use and I do like that I have a couple of pockets an can reverse wear to hunters orange. I paid $76 for the HSS-4 and $89.00 for the HSS-1 both new on ebay. I did not get the more expensive Pro Series which is lighter and cooler. This sight is an awesome resource for an old man getting back into hunting after 30 years.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have the Seat o the Pants, I plan on getting one of the newer harness systems on day. I also have one of those spaghetti ones that I use when my son uses mine, but regardless I put my harness on at home, this way I know it's with me. I've climbed more than 1 tree without having it with me. So I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

Take a look at muddy outdoors. they have a harness set up.
http://www.gomuddy.com/shopping/depa...dharness.aspex
Old 07-26-2009, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seat o the pants...

sorta like a knight rifles...

"go with the first and go with the best"
Old 08-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Fork Horn

second vote for the Muddy Safety harness. i really like mine
Old 08-28-2009, 05:17 PM
Spike

Another thing that i use that i believe could be a lifesaver along with your harness is the
FallGuy safety products by integrated safety.It is a 20ft restraint that acts a lot like a seatbelt.Will not let you drop but yet will let you decend tree while attatched.You can check out there websight along with video at https://integratedsafety.hosting-advantage.com .PS you can by direct from them as cheap as other outlets without paying shipping cost!! Hope this helps to make your hunting safer ,God Bless
Old 04-30-2010, 07:40 AM
Spike

Hi midsouth_hunter
Thanks for share with us. But what is the price of this HSS safety vest?
Reflective Safety Vest
Old 04-30-2010, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I'm waiting. . .

for those high priced harnesses, that the hunter can use with his parachute for those 12,000 foot jumps, so you can just sneak up on those deer.
I'm a hundred percent for everyone's safety. Sometimes I just wonder how far they are getting into the woods on foot, downloaded with all this stuff.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the Hunter Safety System reversible when there is a chill in the air for the added warmth and the Pro series during early fall archery season. The webbing helps wick heat away from my body.

Quick Reply: Safety Vest Harness

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.