Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Mossy Oak Tree Stand

Old 06-24-2009, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default Mossy Oak Tree Stand

going to purchase a new camo pattern and was wonderinging if this was a good pater for bow hunting? DOes anyoen use it? Do you liek it? yes? no?
Old 06-24-2009, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Mossy Oak Tree Stand

Personally I like the concept of ASAT, NatGear and the New Optifade Patterns. I do like the Vertigo Pattern from Scent Lok, but not a big carbon clothing believer. Keep in mind that patterns basically accomplish one of two things. Mimicry patterns try to represent the surroundings like leaves, trees, pine branches, etc while the others work to distort your outline by not having dark lines between the various colors while providing some "open' areas in the pattern. I prefer the second..

To me, a pattern should distort your image, not create a dark hard image as most commercial patterns do at a distant.

Everyone will have a favorite pattern and all camo works at concealment, but to me, I look for every advantage.

Good Luck on your quest.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Predator Fall Gray or Intrusion Treeline are the two BEST patterns for bowhunting because they break your outline up better. Anything from the big two is just blob camo!
Old 07-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

Got my new pattern in the mail today, it looks great. I hope it looks good in the woods!
Old 07-04-2009, 06:37 AM
Fork Horn

Did you end up getting the mossy oak Treestand. I believe the colors look pretty cool but was concerned about how it would look in the woods as well. I have used the regular Mossy Oak before and have taken several deer with it. It is darker than what is 15-25 feet up most trees, so I do not know if I beleive it really matters too much. Have had a few deer actually look up and try to figure out what the dark blob was in the tree after they detected movement . I believe the lighter colors would be better if a deer actually sees movement in a tree and then gets curious.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:03 AM
Fork Horn

yes the colors are much lighter then the ones of the mossy oak new breakup...also i think the pattern is great fro bow hunting...

Originally Posted by midsouth_hunter
Did you end up getting the mossy oak Treestand. I believe the colors look pretty cool but was concerned about how it would look in the woods as well. I have used the regular Mossy Oak before and have taken several deer with it. It is darker than what is 15-25 feet up most trees, so I do not know if I beleive it really matters too much. Have had a few deer actually look up and try to figure out what the dark blob was in the tree after they detected movement . I believe the lighter colors would be better if a deer actually sees movement in a tree and then gets curious.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:30 PM

I think that you made a great choice! I love the Treestand that I bought last year.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

i also got the tree stand last year and it worked so well i only had to go out once.