Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 DO NOT BUY RED WING BOOTS!!!!! >

DO NOT BUY RED WING BOOTS!!!!!

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

DO NOT BUY RED WING BOOTS!!!!!

Old 01-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: DO NOT BUY RED WING BOOTS!!!!!

Sorry you had a bad experience but I doubt it was from poor quality. I used to work in the oil field and Red Wing boots were the only ones I foundthat would hold up for any considerable time,against all the muck and chemicals I had to wade thru 24/7.

That was in the mid-late eighties and I've worn Red Wing Pecos boots ever since. The quality of material and workmanship has not failed me yet. When I've worn a pair out, I buy a new pair to break in before I throw the old ones out. I don't plan to change that routine anytime in the foreseeable future.

Red Wing won my loyalty thru the quality of their product.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

RED WINGS are my work boots of choice and they back them up really well up here. If my boots fail in any manner with in the first year. All I have to do is return them and they will be replaced free of charge! Though,I have had no problems with them holding up.. If your feet sweat doas others have stated use different socks and the problem will go away..
Old 01-28-2009, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

i have 2 pair of redwing boots and LOVE them.Did youread the full description of the boots before purchasing them. If you search the product number on their website, it will pull up a description and tell you everything that is within that boot, and there is probably thinsulate in them if your feet are sweating that bad. Secondly, get good socks, cant say that enough.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

Redwings are great and by the way one of the few boots MADE IN USA, Irish setters are made oversea's
RC
Old 01-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

I'm with everyone else here just because your feet sweat doesn't mean that the boots are junk. I wear nothing but redwing boots and I am a telephone lineman and they are the only boots that I have been able to find that will hold up in the real world. So I really hope nobody actually quits buying good american made boots because of one mans opinion.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

I've been a Union Carpenter for 20+ years and tried almost every boot on the market, until I found Red Wings and gave them a shot. I have never looked back.They're strapped tomy feet at least9 or more hours for 5 to 6 days a week and I like them so much, I'll wear them ice fishing or out on hikes. I've never had an issue in any way with any RW or IS product. I would consider trying an alternative sock set-up, a boot dryer to make sure they were dry before putting them on damp or wet again, or find a less insulated pair for work in your given climate. There's always the anti-perspirant on the feet trick.

Granted, it sounds like customer service could use a tune up, but asking hard working, hard hunting Americans to boycott one of the few American made products still out there is a bit out of line. I've had plenty of things I've paid hard earned money on take a royal shiznit and not work to my standards too. Figure 'em out and move on.

And if they're size 9-1/2 or 10....send 'em to me. PM me for my address.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Spike

Redwings=best boots made
Old 02-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: joeky

Redwings=best boots made
I wouldn't go that far! I will say that Red Wing boots are great boots, but theyaren't a hunting boot they're a "work boot". If you want a boot to hunt inget a hunting boot! Just for the record, I LOVE Georgia boots (steel tip)fortree work.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Spike

Sorry to say Red Wing boots are NOT made in America. Mine are made in China. My point is.......the sympatex does not breath....I have tried alot of different sock combinations and nothing seems to help. Red Wing should not use this inferior waterproofing product because it does BREATH. Check the Verber website I listed at the begining of this thread.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

once broke in red wing boots fit me like a glove.....i wear mine 6 days a week 365 a year......work and hunting.....in the shop, snow, rain, mud...you name it..... of course you need to occasionaly oil them. mine are not waterproof ( no gore tex or the like) but will withstand a great deal when oiled mine are the un insulated work boot but are great hunting boots in dry 20 degree plus weather. only lacking area for hunting is the sole....could be a little more aggessive (but they are my work boot anyways).......but when the weather calls for it i throw i on my irish setters i love them....

Quick Reply: DO NOT BUY RED WING BOOTS!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.