Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Summit Climber question

Old 12-09-2008, 08:42 AM
Typical Buck

Default Summit Climber question

I recently bought the Goliath and used it for the first time this weekend and I loved it, only I have a couple of questions for you climbing guru's... I noticed that the black plastic wascomingoff of the cables where they lock into the stand. Could that be normal wear due to the fact that it's rubber on metal? and last, should there be a strap or something that attatches the top to the bottom of the climber while climbing to prevent to lower part of the climber from sliding down under you accidentally while getting into position?
Old 12-09-2008, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Summit Climber question

Yes, normal wear.
Yes, you need to attach the bottom platform to the top with a strap or rope. If it falls away you could be in deep do-do.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:31 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds good, thanks bugs.....I'm surprised that Summit doesn't include some type of strap to connect the 2.....
Old 12-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

It should have come with a ropeto attach the two pieces.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:36 PM

CHECK YOUR BOX AGAIN IF NOT GO TO YOUR LOCAL HARDWARE STORE BY SOME TWINE LIKE ROPE & TIE THEM TOGETHER.....
Old 12-10-2008, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

garminator,

Actually, a better idea would be to go on the Lone Wolf treestand site and order a set of their cinch-straps that they use for their climbing stands. There is alsoa video showing how they work. This would not only take care of the situation you describe but also enable you to really secure the stand once you have reached your desired hunting height. I think the straps are about $12.00. When I had a Lone Wolf sit and climb, they really helped stabalize the stand after you had reached your hunting height. These straps will work on any stand. Hope this helps.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 12-11-2008, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PastorJim08

garminator,

Actually, a better idea would be to go on the Lone Wolf treestand site and order a set of their cinch-straps that they use for their climbing stands. There is alsoa video showing how they work. This would not only take care of the situation you describe but also enable you to really secure the stand once you have reached your desired hunting height. I think the straps are about $12.00. When I had a Lone Wolf sit and climb, they really helped stabalize the stand after you had reached your hunting height. These straps will work on any stand. Hope this helps.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
That is an excellent idea! I had a Sit & Climb and those straps are very well designed.

As the others have said, your stand should have had a piece of rope in the box(approx 6-8 ft long) to tie the two sections together.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL Yep...its some very deep doo doo when you lose the bottom of your stand at 25 or 30 feet!!! I know this from experience..lol. Its a long and slow trip back down the tree using the seat and bow rope..lol.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:57 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: PastorJim08

garminator,

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Great info, thanks Pastor Jim.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by PastorJim08
garminator,

Blessings.....Pastorjim
i used those LW straps today and they work great.bought mine from BOWFREAKS for 9.95.

Quick Reply: Summit Climber question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.