Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Lone wolf replacement seat

Old 10-08-2008, 03:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Lone wolf replacement seat

My original seat did not have a back rest. It was the older strap type. I found that with this new net seat that it is more comfortable with the seat frame angled slightly downward and a little lower than normal seat height.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Spike

I have had my sit and climb stand for 5 years and with the slowly increasing waist line can not comfortably use it any more. I have installed the foot rests and tried a Summit seat and an Ol Man net seat and neither work for me because the top frame is only 17.5" wide. I think that any bigger guys that use this stand will find it uncomfortable for long sits. The lower portion of the stand is excellent and I have no complaints with it but have decided to sell it because of the uncomfortable top section. Anyone looking for a used one with XL belts and foot rests? It baffles me as to why Lone Wolf refuses to redesign the seat section of this stand to accommodate more hunters. If they made it least 2" wider and redesigned the teeth to provide a better bite into the tree it would be almost perfect.

The new stand I have purchased is the Millennium M-1 climber. I have one of their ground seats and it is very comfortable. You can easily sit in it all day. This stand is a little heavier than the Sit and Climb at 22 lbs, it folds flat, and can be level adjusted while climbing the tree. Hopefully it will be quick and quiet to set up. I should have it early next week just in time for opening season.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

I swapped my LW sit n climb seat with my older Viper Classic seat. Works great and it's about 3 x's thicker.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by jmak
I have had my sit and climb stand for 5 years and with the slowly increasing waist line can not comfortably use it any more. I have installed the foot rests and tried a Summit seat and an Ol Man net seat and neither work for me because the top frame is only 17.5" wide. I think that any bigger guys that use this stand will find it uncomfortable for long sits. The lower portion of the stand is excellent and I have no complaints with it but have decided to sell it because of the uncomfortable top section. Anyone looking for a used one with XL belts and foot rests? It baffles me as to why Lone Wolf refuses to redesign the seat section of this stand to accommodate more hunters. If they made it least 2" wider and redesigned the teeth to provide a better bite into the tree it would be almost perfect.

The new stand I have purchased is the Millennium M-1 climber. I have one of their ground seats and it is very comfortable. You can easily sit in it all day. This stand is a little heavier than the Sit and Climb at 22 lbs, it folds flat, and can be level adjusted while climbing the tree. Hopefully it will be quick and quiet to set up. I should have it early next week just in time for opening season.

this is why i went with the SUMMIT 180 MAX
its seat platform is 22 inchs on top.with heavy hunting clothes it nice to fit in there and not have seat stick to you.
a lot of LW users are buying the SUMMIT SURROUND seat for their lone wolf stands.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Wide Sit and Climb. I got rid of the seat that came with it. It was too bulky. I put an Olman mesh seat on it and I like it much better, more comfortable and easier to climb with and you can push it out of the way when you stand and take a shot.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
I have the Wide Sit and Climb. I got rid of the seat that came with it. It was too bulky. I put an Olman mesh seat on it and I like it much better, more comfortable and easier to climb with and you can push it out of the way when you stand and take a shot.
as much as lone wolf cost,over 400 dollars there should be no reason why they would put such bad seat on it.
summit surround seat is 70 dollars.i got the 180 MAX delivered for 286 with surround seat.summit skins also .

could you measure inside of your WIDE seat, i am curious how wide it is inside.thanks sproul
Old 01-31-2010, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sure, I will have to double check but I think it (Wide SCC) is 21". The seat that came with the Sit and Climb wasn't really bad. I just don't like the back section you have to strap around the tree and all the bulk while climbing. I saw the API seat similar to the Summit Seat and tried it. I returned it before settling on the Ol Man (Grand) mesh seat. I think Lone Wolf should go to a mesh seat and drop the price of the stand $20. It is just that all the other companies have these bulky seats people think they need and LW wants to compete. The mesh seat is comfy and make climbing a whole lot easier and safer in my opinion.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default seat width

thanks for info on LW WIDE seat at 21 inchs.with heavy clothes that should help as my friends said the regular LW was awful to sit in with or without heavy clothes on .most were 6/1 and 230 pds.........

my summit 180 max is 22 inchs roughly inside.
the summit SURROUND seat i feel is best out there for sitting.
i tried it this week at 10 above here in pa coyote hunting and way its made to SURROUND you keeps wind off your kidneys and side.

i am big COMFORT person as i am getting up in years.at 18 i could sit on any seat and tree limb at times.not anymore.comfort is no. 1 to me and do to lack of bucks in pa. do to all doe killing etc you have to sit all day for days now if you want chance to see a deer.
going out at 7 am and back at noon with buck is long gone here in wmu2g of pa.
i agree with you on seat against tree thing, thats no good,been there done that too.
with surround seat and foot rest on 180 MAX i can pull seat away from tree and LEAN back.this is very comfortable.
also i try to find tree that leans just a little back up 20 ft.this allows MORE leaning back as you sit.

i heard that LW may be going to china to try to lower cost of stands.when i was looking at LW i liked it even tho i did not know about width seat problem and seat.
what changed my mind was difference in cost from over 400 dollars to 286 for summit .3 extra pds of weight did not seem a problem for me.also when i sat in SURROUND SEAT from summit it was all over.
i thought sproul, take the surround seat from summit and put on the LW but then i would be up to over 500 dollars,could almost buy 2 summits for price of 1 LW ,so i went with summit 180 max.

i think LW is real nice stand and i hope going to china, if thats true does not reduce the quality of their stands.

thanks sproul
Old 02-01-2010, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do not know about them (LW) going to China but I hope not. BTW I am a Lone Wolf Dealer now. I don't sell many stands but I do use them myself. I measured the inside of the Wide sit and climb and it is 21".
Old 02-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
I do not know about them (LW) going to China but I hope not. BTW I am a Lone Wolf Dealer now. I don't sell many stands but I do use them myself. I measured the inside of the Wide sit and climb and it is 21".
i had a good friend of mine on here too. he wanted me to buy LW climber even tho he liked the SUMMITS.used every stand for 30 yrs he could try out.......
last week he e-mailed me and said stay away from them, he did not like them but did not tell me why other than only thing good about them was the PACKING FLAT AND LIGHT ON YOUR BACK.

this is not a jab against LW ,heck i almost got one but i liked summit surround seat but i know very little about climbing stands only what i read and LW/SUMMITS are no. 1 and no.2 is OL MAN/API.treewalkers,equalizers/timbertall have following but the LW/SUMMITS are what most use and summits are like 5 to 1 on LW and others .
price may be difference between LW/SUMMITS and many models the summits have too.
take care sproul

Quick Reply: Lone wolf replacement seat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.