Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

favorite broad head

Old 09-02-2008, 09:36 PM

Default favorite broad head

in a earlier post i said i always have used mechanical, and had good result but im actually thinking of going to fixed head like the muzzy or g5 montec, what do yall think of them or what is everyone else using, i used the mechanicals bc i have always heard they fly more like a field point than fixed but with recent tech id say they have to be pretty close to each other
Old 09-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: favorite broad head

I'm using a Rage 2 blade this year, the past 4 years i used Muzzy 3 blade and i liked them, i just want a bigger hole so i switched...
Old 09-03-2008, 08:34 PM

have you shot any with the rage 2, i was actually thinkin about them aswell they are prolly on the top of my list, let me know if they shoot well
Old 09-11-2008, 07:51 AM

i use the spitfire XP, a very deadly broadhead that has never let me down.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Always used mechanicals before, spitfires, rage 2 blade, and steelheads. I switched to slick tricks 2 years ago and I don't think I'll ever go back to mechanicals. I have absolutely no worries about it not opening (which happend on two bucks with the rage) and they are just as accurate out to 50 yards.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Typical Buck

I use the Muzzy MX-3 in 100gr.. I like the fact that there is no worries of will it open or will the mechanical aspects fail. Its solid it flys great and it always shoots the same. Also, the fixed heads seem to do better when they hit bone.. Some may disagree but my butcher will tell you a different story. He says he finds pieces of mechanical heads still in deer all the time.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the 2 blade rage, and crimson raptor for mechanicals and cimson talon for my fixed blades.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Vortex pro's 100gr 2 blade....13 years running w/well over 50 kills to their name.... I have never understood changing something that isn't broke, I guess if I have confidence in my equipment, I can't see trying something else I have no confidence in...
Old 09-12-2008, 01:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

i reckon you could say im a muzzy fan all the way. i have used them for last15- 20years and they have never let me down. for years i shot the 125gr 3 blade muzzy. 3 years ago i switched to the 100gr 3 blade, no complaints so far. when i first started bow hunting there was very few broadheads to chose from, you had the bear razorheads 145gr and satellite broadheads, those satellites were pitfull broadheads, the blades would come out in the deer alot of the times, so you can imagine how that tracking job would turn out. then wasp came out and they were really good broadheads, i used them up until muzzy came out, i bought a pack of muzzy's and have never used anything else.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Slick Trick Magnums for me! Having said that I never had any problems with Thunderheads either.

Quick Reply: favorite broad head

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.