Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

are you a ford man other?

Old 03-09-2003, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: are you a ford man other?

ford ford ford ford ford ford. i will just leave it at that
Old 03-09-2003, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

I' ve got a 99 super duty crew for pulling. It' s been a great truck. Got a GMC 1500 low rider that we run around in and drive to work, just bought a new F150 plain jane for road trips. Taking it to Wy and SD turkey hunting next month.
Old 03-10-2003, 07:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

You Chevy and GM(General Malfunction) guys really crack me up...You see an awful lot of old GM trucks on the road do you? Look at GM trucks with 125,000 on the odometer and there isn' t one with this or that rebuilt or engine burns oil or some other serious problem. Please give me a break. Ford has gone thru too many revisions itself but at least the quality is better and it has a stronger drivetrain. When the bean counters stop counting at GM and they settle down and build a real truck then they will get my business...Putting Candy Ass motors and transmissions in a truck and pushing this " Like A Rock" crap is just that Crap. This by the way from a guy that does not own neither Ford or Chevy or GMC but has many many friends that do and it is just an observation I have made over the years.
Old 03-10-2003, 10:27 PM

87 Ford F-150 Baby
Old 03-11-2003, 06:20 PM

Im a Ford man myself.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Had a 1986 Ford Ranger for almost two years, good truck but had problems with it with the tranny and forced to sell it [:' (] Looking to get some sort of truck, don' t care what type as long as its V8 and an 4x4 then point me to the best 4x4wheelin' zone! [:-]
Old 03-16-2003, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Starting from the year 1970 I have owned 14 Fords ,5 Chevrolets ,1 GMC ,and 2 Dodge pickups .The only one' s I ever had worked on were the chevy and GMCs . I put 249,000 miles on a 89 ford and only had the brakes redone and not one GM product got to 100,000 without needing repairs . I guess you could say I' m a ford man .
Old 03-17-2003, 05:01 AM

DRIVING a 2002 Super Crew and love it Lots of room
I' ve ALWAYS been a FORD man
AL
Old 03-17-2003, 10:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Littleal is that a deisle power stroke. you are makin me jealous
Old 03-18-2003, 09:25 AM

I had a ' 86 F150, paint fell off like mentioned earlier. Ford would not fix. During that time frame the big 3 skipped a step in the painting process. Flaking paint was the result.

You brand loyal people amaze me. You limit you choises to an unaceptable degree. I traded my f150 on a ' 99 GMC SC 1500. I chose it for its adult sized back seat. If I was brand loyal I would have to get a F150 SC. Not acceptable to me.

My wife traded in her Pontiac on a F150 SuperCrew. She chose it for its full size doors and seats. If she were brand loyal she would have gotten the same truck I had. Not acceptable to her.

I sold my ' 99 GMC (it was such a good truck I sold it to my mom) and got an ' 03 GMC 2500HD CC. I got it for full size back seat and doors and the best gas motor on the market (the 6.0).

My assesment of the truck market.
Nissan - Last to market. Their 1/2 ton has some of the best stats availible. Only time will tell if it delivers.
Toyota - Dependable. Their ' full size' is not full size to our market. Has to grow to be a force.
Dodge - Most improved quality in the last decade. Had the farthest to go. Hemi is great.
Ford - F150, uglyest truck untill Chevy made the ' 03 Silverado. The 5.4l is the only motor with enough power for a truck. F250+, best looking truck on the market, best diesel. The 5.4l that is ok in the 150 is underpowered hear. The Power Stroke is the best.
GM - Chevy = ugly, GMC, hard to believe it comes off the same production line as the Chevy. 1500 with the 5.3l is not as capable as the 5.4 in the Ford. The 6.0l in the 2500 is the best gas motor in a truck for general use. The Dmax is fantastic. The Allison is the best auto made.

A parting word of advice. Don' t fall in love with something that can' t love you back (like a truck). Only be loyal to those who are loyal to you. No auto manufacture is loyal.

Quick Reply: are you a ford man other?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.