Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 4 wheelers what kind and what model do u like >

4 wheelers what kind and what model do u like

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

4 wheelers what kind and what model do u like

Old 03-07-2003, 05:00 AM

Default RE: 4 wheelers what kind and what model do u like

Dep214 I' m only pullin your chain, hope I didn' t offend you
Old 03-07-2003, 05:59 AM

DIDN' T the Bombardier even beat the POLARIS
hehehehhehehe!

AL
Old 03-07-2003, 10:05 AM

no problem buddy.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:06 AM

yes sir you are correct. that thing either came in 2nd or third
Old 03-07-2003, 10:44 AM

I' ve heard that the bombardier was junk, I don' t know, seeing know one around here sells or even rides them.
I' ve seen many articals about ATV' s and bombardier has never come in on the top. If this show is saying Bombardier was better then Yamaha, Honda or Polaris then I would say the show was not very reliable. I can' t believe the show would put su-sucky ahead of Honda or Yamaha, doesn' t sound like a very good rating. Maybe su-sucky was promoting the show. I know awhile back(3years) there was a show on and they kept comparing ATV' s. I watched for awhile, then I noticed there comparing didn' t make much sence. They would compare a 300 to a 500, 2wheel drive to a 4wheel drive. I finally found out why Artic-cat kept beating the competition, the show was paid for by them.
I find it VERY hard to believe that Polaris didn' t make it into the top 1-6. Go to any store that sells mag. and Polaris, Yamaha, Honda are always rated in the top. If Polaris isn' t in the top then why do they sell so many machines I believe the last I heard It went Honda sold the most, then Polaris then Yamaha. Su-sucky is getting better, but I know for awhile back in the mid 90' s they had alot of troubles especially with there trans.
Old 03-07-2003, 06:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bombardier does make a machine that is quite reliable and does offer a good warrantee.They also have one of the best if not the best locking differentials in the industry.The reason they are not more popular where I live is that they are very heavy and lighter machines are much better at getting through the muskeg that is so common in our area.The heavy machines break through and bog down much more under these conditions.
Old 03-09-2003, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

I had two 4 wheelers. My first one was a 1990 suzuki 250 4wd.I had it 6 yrs without any trouble. I thought i needed more power so I traded it for a 1996 polaris 500 sportsman. I had nothing but trouble with the polaris.The factory replaced the transmission once and the next time i had too. It cost me $660.00 . As soon as i got it fixed i sold it.That was 4 yrs ago.
I am going to buy another 4 wheeler this summer. I am looking real hard at the 4wd suzuki eiger. Does anybody have one of these? and How do you like it?
Old 03-09-2003, 12:55 PM

i saw the show dep214 is talking about. if i remember right it was on atv' s in the 300-400 class range. the bombardier did place second. the final score was based on an average between performance and riders satisfaction. points were taken off for various things, which are handy but not necessary( like speedometers, trip odometers, etc). riders satisfaction is what put the bombardier into second place. suzuki,honda,yamaha( i think was the order of finish on performance). if i could get a 250 class 4 wheel drive in any of these, i beleive would be the best for what i use an atv for.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Being disabled and depend on my ATV to get me " home" when I need to,I have always owened HONDA! The one I have now is a 450 ES and I love it...
Old 03-17-2003, 12:32 PM
Fork Horn

I love my Polaris, I beat the crap out of it and I have not yet been able to break it.
I am trying thoe

Quick Reply: 4 wheelers what kind and what model do u like

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.