Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Deer Scents

Old 06-11-2008, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Deer Scents

Having trouble finding a good scent out there to use. There is getting to be so many that say they are the freshest most reliable and the price shows it. (ex. VS1-$50 for a deoderant size stick) What one has everyone had the best luck with?
Old 06-12-2008, 06:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Deer Scents

Your own pee will work about as well as any of those bottled whizzes, it's the ammonia from the degrading urine that initially attracts them.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:50 AM

I have been using Vs-1 for about 4 years and it is worth every penny. It is the only scent that has vaginal secretions extracted when collected.

Found it here.

http://whitetailshopping.com
Old 06-27-2008, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do you use the stick or liquid? Who knows i might break down and try it.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:27 PM

I use both. You do not want the liquid to freeze, so I use the stick on those cold mornings and switch over to the liquid when the temp rises above freezing. The reason is the liquid has live vaginal secretions cellsand you do not want them to freeze as it will kill the cells.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:16 AM

I tired the VS-1 last year, Paid big for it and deer barely noticed it, I went back to Bob Kirschner's Silver Top and got much better results and my buddy went back to tinks. We even tried a test with it and placed scent canisters in a feild about 50 yards apart upwind from a major trail using Tinks 69, silver top and VS-1 and got only one spike to even show any curiosty in the VS-1, but the the other two both made bucks leave the trail to check out the canisters. I will never waste my money again.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

i can not honestly say that i've seen more deer using any attractant scent (doe urine) than nothing at all.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:58 PM

REAL SCENT IS THE BEST I'VE EVER USED

http://www.realscent.com/

Old 07-16-2008, 01:56 PM

Doe Pee of any type has never worked for me. In the 80's when Tink Natham was the owner of tinks. I had tink's69 bring in more bucks than all other scents I have used. Tink always said if it is not in a bottle don't buy it...it won't keep?? It is no long packaged in a bottle......

One year I used a bottle of Wildlife's Excite and it seem to bring in several nice bucks from down wind; however, other bottles have never worked for me since.

There is nothing like being in the right place at the right time.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I usually try to kill a doe during the rut or pre rut and use the tarsal's off that doe, it has worked more than it didn't....It's free to boot....

Quick Reply: Deer Scents

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.