Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

HAND HELD GPS

Old 03-18-2008, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default HAND HELD GPS

I'm looking at purchasing a hand held GPS and I have my eye on either the Garmin eTrex Summit HC or the eTrex Vista HCx. Does anyone use either of these? What do you like or dislike about them. How good is the singal in wooded areas with the leaves on the trees? Easy to use? Thanks

Konk
Old 03-18-2008, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HAND HELD GPS

I've got the etrex legend model. I've never had a problem getting a signal in any kind of woods, from thick pine plantations to hardwoods. I can pick up a goodsignal inside my house. My only wish for that model would be more detailed maps, which I believe your models have. I'm very satified with mine.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just got the Garmin Vista HCx with 2008 Topo chip for 321.00 and its awsome compared to my Maridian Gold.....
Old 03-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Beforelast huntingseason I bought a Garmi eTrex "H" just a plain Jane model definitely not the top of the line model.It does all I need it to do.I caught it on sale for 89.99.It's worked flawlessly and has always gotten me back to camp or to the 45 plus shoot shacks at the club.We were new to this hunting club and knew I needed something to help us find our way around the 2800 acres of woods.They make a handlebar mount and a auxpower cordfor the eTrex's which really makes it handy on the 4 wheeler.Next timeI would probably go withone with more features,for now it serves my purposes well.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Garmin GPSmap60CSx
purchase city navigator and you can use it for hunting and driving.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Garmin E-Trex, It's pretty bare bones but it's perfect for my needs. I never loose the signal no matter how many trees or clouds or bad weather....it works great!
Old 04-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had an E-Trex. It was OK. ButI sold it because it would NOT stand updampness. This unit was very easily "shut down" by misty , foggy conditions. I bought a top of the line Garmin hand held, which is advertised as more or less rainproof.It seems to be.It is much faster and much more ergonomic, which as silly as it sounds the ergonomicswas a big selling point. The screen is great and with a couple of 1 gig cards I have greatly detailed mapping of all of the areas across the USA that I hunt.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

Magellan Sport Trak Pro, got it for $75.00 on E-Bay with the downloadable map CD
Old 04-17-2008, 11:05 PM
Typical Buck

I have a Garmin Rino 120 and I love it. I still havent used the radio on it, but I added some maps that a friend aquired for meand it is awesome. It took a bit to get used to but now I can use it fairly easily. This is a great product from Garmin. I picked it up on ebay for $120
Old 04-18-2008, 03:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

I like the Earthmate PN-20!

Quick Reply: HAND HELD GPS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.