Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Hunting knifes

Old 02-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Spike

Default Hunting knifes

Just curious if anybody has opinions one what is a better knife. Gerber LMF II Infantry. Or The Buck Short Nighthawk ?? Looking for a good reliable knife that is going to last getting sick of cheap ones that are junk after one use.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:30 PM

Default RE: Hunting knifes

Of the two mentioned - The Gerber.
Guaranteed to be around long after "one use".
Old 02-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

not sure what kinda "cheap knives" our usin that only last once... ive never paid over 30 bucks for one an they all still work jus fine... now they might not stay sharp forever but my lansky takes care of that proab in no time
Old 02-18-2008, 06:40 AM
Typical Buck

Have you looked at Havalon Knives. The blades are real surgical scalple blades.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've kept them same Buck 110 in my hunting pack for the last 25 years. You can't go wrong with a Buck.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:24 AM
Typical Buck

Might check out OUTDOOR EDGE. Lifetime warranty and good customer service.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:52 PM
Inactive

Another excellent knife is the CUTCO, I have one that has lasted years and has gutted and skinned numerous deer. Although pricey, they are virtually care-free and the customer service is fantastic.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Spike

Check out "owen knives" on ebay. He has built me and my brother-in-law one each and made hatchet handles for us, too. Owen is a machinist, and uses good steel and makes his own handles. The ones he made for us are flawless, and stay razor sharp even after gutting and skinning. His damascus(sp) steel blades are a little pricey, but are beautiful. All the knives we got came with a leather sheath and they fit good and are great quality. He only sells a few, but check and see if he has one on ebay. You won't be sorry.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Hear is a CUTCO that my wife gave me in 1970 and have used it 6 or 7 times a year and sometimes more, on Hogs and Deer. It has never been to a grinding stone, just honeing!

Old 02-18-2008, 04:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

I also like using Buck knives, but the same holds true on Old Timer, and Schrades, to me those are my choice of hunting knives. I currently
use a small pocket Old Timer at work when I need it..

Quick Reply: Hunting knifes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.