Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Gun Safe

Old 01-04-2008, 06:36 PM

Default Gun Safe

I am looking for a new gun safe, to hold roughly 25 guns, looking to spend under $2,500. Got any suggestions.
Thanks,
Jeff

Old 01-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Gun Safe

I have 2 one is a Liberty that hold 25 guns the other is a Champion that holds 36 guns I think the most important issue is the fire rating buy the one with the highest fire rating and the largest capacity within your budget. by the way neither of my safes will hold as many guns as they claim [most of mine are scoped rifles] chad
Old 01-07-2008, 11:43 AM

I have a liberty gun safe that holds 50 guns and love it. Always get one larger than what you think you need.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Typical Buck

I have the liberty Franklin.. Paid 2250 delivered. It is 1100 lbs empty.. And fire rated for 60 Minutes.. Thier website shows it for 2,099.. Most important thing to me is Bolt Count and Weight.. I don't want anyone walking off with it..
Old 01-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don't get the Browning Bronze. Just bought one on saturday and the lock and lug handle are broke. They are sending all new parts this week, but I was looking at it and I think it might need a whole new door.[:@]
Old 01-07-2008, 03:28 PM

These guys build an outstanding safe. It is a family business and they build a "real safe".

http://graffundersafes.com/

As their site says, Ulrich Graffunder founded the company in 1968. He and his son-in-law delivered my safe to my house about 5 years ago. Trust me, they do it right.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: jeepkid

Don't get the Browning Bronze. Just bought one on saturday and the lock and lug handle are broke. They are sending all new parts this week, but I was looking at it and I think it might need a whole new door.[:@]
Plus I didn't like the fact that the hinges are on the outside..
Old 01-07-2008, 04:22 PM

ORIGINAL: cjwink
Why?
Old 01-07-2008, 06:06 PM

Thanks for all the replies guys. I found a local store that carries this brand safe http://www.heritagesafes.com/index.html, and there is another store that carries the liberty brand. Both safes apear to be well made, just don't know which one to pick.
Jeff

Old 01-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: cjwink

ORIGINAL: jeepkid

Its actually a plus, because the door can open 180' instead of 90'

Quick Reply: Gun Safe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.