Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Bug suit/Mosquito Net

Old 12-17-2007, 10:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default Bug suit/Mosquito Net

Last year I got killed by the skeeters in bear country. I was getting smoked so bad I ended up using Bens200 insect reppelent even though the stuff stinks. I will be going back up this year and definately need @ insect netting for my head/face neck. I will be shooting using a scope so it cant obstruct my view or shouldering the bow. Anyone have any recommendations??
Old 12-17-2007, 02:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bug suit/Mosquito Net

Get the Thermacell they are like 25.00 bucks. Best money you will ever spend. . You won't need a bug suit.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:57 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: cjwink

Get the Thermacell they are like 25.00 bucks. Best money you will ever spend. . You won't need a bug suit.
Ya thats what I thougth when I went up there. Thermacell wasent that affective, not saying it didnt help, but I was still ready to jump outta my tree and roll around in the dirt I was getting eaten alive by them.

Trust me, I need a bug suit.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:37 AM
Typical Buck

You got to be kidding me.. The Thermalcell works great for me in the swamps of Mississippi.. I can't imagine it not working in Canada..
Old 12-18-2007, 09:22 AM
Fork Horn

You got to be kidding me.. The Thermalcell works great for me in the swamps of Mississippi.. I can't imagine it not working in Canada..
LoL, no dice. I bought 2 of them after all the reviews. 1 for me and 1 for my hunting partner. We both used them straight out of the box (new pads,butane), thankfully we both tagged out (1st morning/first evening). My buddy asked me what I thought of mine after our morning hunt (diff locations). I told him I wasent even sure if it helped cause I was still getting killed and he said the same thing.

Funny thing is, when we got back to camp and had the bear hung up to dress out. I was holding a thermacell while my guide was cutting it open. There were skeeters everywhere! Not a word of a lie, 1 skeeter landed on my hand while holding out the thermacell, i was trying to get my gf to get a shot of it on my hand with the thermacell.

Trust me, the far north of Ontario the skeeters smell blood and the thermacells were overmatched.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:24 AM
Typical Buck

Are you sure you turned it on???
Old 12-18-2007, 09:26 AM
Fork Horn

Are you sure you turned it on???
Lol, com'n now. That was my initial reaction when the skeeters wree smoking me!! It was turned on, had the glowing light out the top and there was a faint cloud comming out from the pad. I was using it for an hr b4 I snapped and had toadd the Bens200 repellent and neither worked (hence ready to jump outta the tree!).
Old 12-18-2007, 09:37 AM
Typical Buck

Note to self. If I go hunting in Canada, do not pack Thermacell..
Old 12-18-2007, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

Note to self. If I go hunting in Canada, do not pack Thermacell..
Like I said, im not saying it didnt help... just not sure if it did or not. LoL. I will be packing it again this summer, but def not relying on it or any deet.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

if there is a breeze, the Thermacell will lose effectiveness.

Quick Reply: Bug suit/Mosquito Net

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.