Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Summit treestands

Old 11-25-2007, 11:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default Summit treestands

I was wandering if anyof you guys/gals have had any trouble with Summit stands breaking aroung the welds? The reason I ask is because I have the summit viper and the bowhunter, I love both stands but have a problem with the support braces breaking. These 2 make the 3rd summit stands I have owned and the same result for all 3. I don't believe my wait is the issue beacause I am onlo 215lbs.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:25 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Summit treestands

ORIGINAL: n.florida hunter

I was wandering if anyof you guys/gals have had any trouble with Summit stands breaking aroung the welds? The reason I ask is because I have the summit viper and the bowhunter, I love both stands but have a problem with the support braces breaking. These 2 make the 3rd summit stands I have owned and the same result for all 3. I don't believe my wait is the issue beacause I am onlo 215lbs.
You're 15pds over! Go to 350 pounder!J/K
Old 11-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: n.florida hunter

This is the second post I've seen that mentions cracked welds on the Summits? I have their Goliath model and have been using it for the last two seasons now, I'll have to check the welds before I use my stand again. One things for sure, I'd contact Summit and tell them about your situation, they are a great company and should honor any faults, issues, orcomplanits.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

No probs here...just sold one that was 5 years old that still was as good as new.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

no problems with my Goliath SS either
Old 12-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Typical Buck

A friend told me that one of his ex hunting buddy had his summit stand cracked at the weld too. But that one is an earlier model. His friend fell couple feet off the ground, luckily. I would address this with summit directly.

I had a bullet that I used for the second year now and no problem. But I'm only 150#. The stand is rated at 300#.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:27 PM

I've had my Viper for about 4 yrs now & haven't had any problems. I do have a ? though what do ya'll do with the seats while climbing I generally just fold mine up but it does tend to get in my way
Old 12-12-2007, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GURU77

I've had my Viper for about 4 yrs now & haven't had any problems. I do have a ? though what do ya'll do with the seats while climbing I generally just fold mine up but it does tend to get in my way
i fold mine up and use the seat bungee cord to hold it out of the way. i wrap each end on each side around the metal (right where the cable slides into the metal) and hook the bungee to the cable itself to keep it in place.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

only prob with mine is paint chiipin off it......welds still holdin... 4 years old now
Old 12-19-2007, 04:40 AM

I have a Bush Master. No problems w/ the welds, it's the 3rd season for it.

Quick Reply: Summit treestands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.