HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   Summit treestands (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/219419-summit-treestands.html)

n.florida hunter 11-25-2007 11:10 AM

Summit treestands

I was wandering if anyof you guys/gals have had any trouble with Summit stands breaking aroung the welds? The reason I ask is because I have the summit viper and the bowhunter, I love both stands but have a problem with the support braces breaking. These 2 make the 3rd summit stands I have owned and the same result for all 3. I don't believe my wait is the issue beacause I am onlo 215lbs.

Rebel Hog 11-25-2007 11:25 AM

RE: Summit treestands

ORIGINAL: n.florida hunter

I was wandering if anyof you guys/gals have had any trouble with Summit stands breaking aroung the welds? The reason I ask is because I have the summit viper and the bowhunter, I love both stands but have a problem with the support braces breaking. These 2 make the 3rd summit stands I have owned and the same result for all 3. I don't believe my wait is the issue beacause I am onlo 215lbs.
You're 15pds over! Go to 350 pounder!:D:D:D:D:D:D:DJ/K

maytom 11-25-2007 10:09 PM

ORIGINAL: n.florida hunter

This is the second post I've seen that mentions cracked welds on the Summits? I have their Goliath model and have been using it for the last two seasons now, I'll have to check the welds before I use my stand again. One things for sure, I'd contact Summit and tell them about your situation, they are a great company and should honor any faults, issues, orcomplanits.

Doe Dumper 11-26-2007 09:58 AM

No probs here...just sold one that was 5 years old that still was as good as new.

CamoCop 12-01-2007 11:38 AM

no problems with my Goliath SS either

yajsab 12-04-2007 05:59 PM

A friend told me that one of his ex hunting buddy had his summit stand cracked at the weld too. But that one is an earlier model. His friend fell couple feet off the ground, luckily. I would address this with summit directly.

I had a bullet that I used for the second year now and no problem. But I'm only 150#. The stand is rated at 300#.

GURU77 12-10-2007 03:27 PM

I've had my Viper for about 4 yrs now & haven't had any problems. I do have a ? though what do ya'll do with the seats while climbing I generally just fold mine up but it does tend to get in my way

CamoCop 12-12-2007 06:18 AM

ORIGINAL: GURU77

I've had my Viper for about 4 yrs now & haven't had any problems. I do have a ? though what do ya'll do with the seats while climbing I generally just fold mine up but it does tend to get in my way
i fold mine up and use the seat bungee cord to hold it out of the way. i wrap each end on each side around the metal (right where the cable slides into the metal) and hook the bungee to the cable itself to keep it in place.

MdDave 12-18-2007 07:18 PM

only prob with mine is paint chiipin off it......welds still holdin... 4 years old now

archer58 12-19-2007 04:40 AM

I have a Bush Master. No problems w/ the welds, it's the 3rd season for it.