Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

TRAIL CAMERA FLASH??

Old 10-29-2007, 01:20 PM

Default TRAIL CAMERA FLASH??

COULD USE SOME OPINION PLEASE!
IM GOING TO USE A COUPLE OF CAMERAS THIS YEAR AND WANT SOME OPINION ON WHETHER OR NOT A CAMERA LIGHT FLASH MAKES A DIFFERENCE SPOOKING MY TROPHY?? THANKS
Old 10-29-2007, 01:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: TRAIL CAMERA FLASH??

My opinion is film cameras will spook a deer a bit. Digital flash is silent so no. It's not going to help, but won't hurt IMO. If I had my druthers I'd use every advantage possible on a 4+ year old deer. That means no flash.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:55 PM
Fork Horn

I have pictures of the same trophy deer over and over. The flash doesn't seem to bother them. On the other hand, I also have a single picture of a nice buck and that's it. Was he just passing through or did the flash scare him off?

So I don't think anyone can say for sure. So the answer to your question is maybe.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:40 PM

I will give you my opinion after seeing it first hand. I had been hunting a spot and put a trail camera out. I decided to hunt this spot and the camera still out. I doe with her 2 fawns came in and the camera went off spooking them all at first. This didnt do anything more that make them curious. I got severla pictures of them and then took mommy. It was really neat to see how they did react to the flash and now know.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

"no flash" game cams produce artificial light that can be seen too. it's no where near as bright but can still spook game. some deer are spooked and some aren't. i use cam's with flashes and seem to kill the deer i have on film.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:30 AM

i'm going to put upa series of pictures i got one morning early this last summer. i think most guys would agree that this is a mature buck, and he didn't seemed to be bothered a bit by the flash, as a matter of fact, he chose to bed down right in front of it. this isn't the only nice buck i have multiple pictures of, it's just the biggest one. so, to answer your question, i don't think the flash bothers them at all.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:38 AM

Old 11-01-2007, 04:39 AM

Old 11-01-2007, 04:40 AM

Old 11-01-2007, 04:41 AM

Quick Reply: TRAIL CAMERA FLASH??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.