Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

2-way Radio

Old 09-29-2007, 11:00 PM

Default 2-way Radio

What do you think is the best 2-way radio for range in forested areas?

I want to buy a new set but I have heard of mixed reviews.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:25 AM

Default RE: 2-way Radio

I posted this same question last year. After alot of opinions and searching, I chose the Midland GXT750. They are not going to give you the 26 mile range in the woods but they do better than any radio Ive had in the past. Put it this way, a co-worker took one home and we were talking clear (outside of houses) and he lives almost two miles away(the way a crow flies). I even stepped inside and upstairs while still hearing him with considerable static. My Motorola's won't do that. You owe it to yourself to still check around for the chance something comparable or even better has come out this year. Good luck
Old 10-01-2007, 11:25 AM

My Dad and I have the Motorola T8500's. I don't know if these radios are one of the better ones, but I think they're decent radios. We've had up to a roughly 3 mile range in somewhat open (largepockets of pines)but hilly terrain. A battery charge lasts all day, and you cancarry regularAA'sfor whenthe rechargeable packgoes dead.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

me and my family just use our nextel's as a 2 way. we only use them to let each other know if we have a deer on the ground that we need help with.