Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 still can't decide on a climber >

still can't decide on a climber

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

still can't decide on a climber

Old 08-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default still can't decide on a climber

I have to make my decision by this coming Friday for a new climber, Equalizer or Loggy Bayou Mega Transformer. Looked at the Loggy Bayou this weekend and it was nice. This coming Friday there is a outdoor show and there will be aEqualizer vendor so I can save on the shipping if I go that route. What you guys think.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:55 PM

Default RE: still can't decide on a climber

I know this stand isn't in your final list, but you may want to look at the Summit Open Shot. Bought one last year and I love it. It's light and extremely easier to set up and take down in the dark. If you have to pack it in and out, you'll really like this stand. Just be sure to get you a good set of straps because the std equipment straps from summit are not very good.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ditto on the Summit line of climbers!! They are all very "HIGHLY" rated!!
Old 08-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Fork Horn

East Lake,

Was wondering what the workout is like with the Summit Open Shot. Have never had an open from climber before. Love the lightweight aspect but do not want to be exhausted climbing the tree early in the morning. Thanks in advance
Old 08-07-2007, 08:16 AM

I have a summit Bullet Backpack Climber and love it. I would recommend a summit to you as they are quality and comfortable.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:27 AM
Fork Horn

I would agree Summit. I have the Summit Viper SS and it is great
Old 08-09-2007, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

Tomorrow I will be looking at the Equalizer and trying to make up my mind. I've looked at the summits and for some unexplained reason they don't appeal to me. Unless I have lots of room sitting in the Equalizer, think I'm leaning towards the Loggy Bayou. Like the fact that you can remove the front bar. Did like the quick release seat on the summits and bought one for use on my API and Hunter's View. Does anyone know if North Starr Treestands went out of business? I had one of those too but got rid of it because my knees kept hitting the front bar. Other than that it was a great stand, light weight and easy to climb with.

[/align]
Old 08-14-2007, 12:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I will never buy another summit. Mentioned last year an improvement I've made to my stand. I've neverheard of anyone else doing it and I've been around for some time. Well shazam guess who now is sellling the acc.?

You'd think a company like Summit would be the kind of place that would at least give a guy like me an AT-A-BOY, here's a hat, or a gift certificate, or some kind of pat on the back. They make out huge from guys like me who, at our own cost, advertise for them. Nothing.

The idea was a rubber type of mat for the base. It keeps my feet warm and quiet. They are anti fatigue mats sold for working on concrete. I cut a hunk off and sewed it on with some camo rope. You can pick them up for a lot less than Scumit sells them for. I also removed things from my stand to reduce the weight.

They got the tip here or at AT. Been skeptical for some years at the "innocent" inquires made on these sites andto tell the truth I don't care for their cabels or packing style anyways. They make to much noise and are not adjustable. They don't even fit large trees.

Saw the new mega stand they are putting out. What a joke. Might as well pack a lazyboy into the woods. Almost 30lbs. Rediculous, but guys who are some what new will buy them only to realise they have to get them and their gear out there and back along with and game they take.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:17 PM
Fork Horn

As long as your in decent shape and have a little strength, climbing with the open shot is fine. You ab's will be sore from it though, it really works them. I actually have an older summit sit and climb, and for some reason I always use it as a hand climber too, I don't know why. I guess it feels more natural for me.

nodog, as far as the summit mat, are you sure that they stole that from you? I've heard of people using something similar for quite a while now. Maybe they did, I don't know.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:48 PM
Fork Horn

Finally made my decision and went with the equalizer. Got it with the adjustable safety bar and plan on using it facing the tree so my back will have some support. The true test will be the upcoming blackpowder season as I take the entire 2 weeks off and hunt everyday. Hopefully this will be the one.

[/align]

Quick Reply: still can't decide on a climber

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.