Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Benelli JUNK

Old 07-16-2007, 12:08 PM

Default Benelli JUNK

I've had it with Benelli, let me explain.

I bought a 20ga. M1 1 1/2 years ago, I have had nothing but problems trying to get this thing to hit POA/POI, I have tried 4 different chokes, they shot good patterns but were a foot low and a foot left.
I sent the gun back to Benelli 2 times to get this problem fixed.
First time, they said it shoots to thier spec's...I told them I don't shoot turkeys with #8 shot and that this was unacceptable to me, especially when I paid about $1100.00 for the gun.

Second time, I spoke to them on the phone and told them this gun was bought specifally for turkey hunting and that I would even pay for them to shoot turkey loads (any turkey load) to get the gun right, I asked if they would replace the barrel...nope, they sent it back without doing anything.

So, when I get home in August, I will take a chop saw or porta-band saw and cut the gun up into 2" pieces and send the piece of TRASH back to Benelli, it will probably shoot the same way as it does now.
Then my 12ga. Benelli SBE will be sold. I have made it very clear to Benelli what I was going to do, and that they have lost a customer for EVER, and if I can, I will let everyone know how Benelli DIDN'T take care of this problem and how it was handled, and that I will try my hardest to send them to another gun company.

So future buyer's BEWARE, Benelli will NOT help you if you have a problem with thier gun.

Dean
Old 07-16-2007, 10:02 PM

Default RE: Benelli JUNK

benelli's customer support has always been more then adequate to me, although, my case was not as extreme as yours
Old 07-17-2007, 10:59 AM

Should have bought a Stoeger 2000.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:24 PM

isn't stoeger under the benelli corporation?
Old 07-18-2007, 03:25 PM

yea, stoeger=cheap benelli
Old 07-27-2007, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have had a benelli for 8-9 yrs now, and their customer support seemed better than average to me
Old 07-29-2007, 04:03 AM
Fork Horn

How much do you want for that little non-hittin 20? My SBE doesn't shoot straight either but I was able to correct it with some sights. It is frustrating though for a gun not to shoot straight.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:03 AM
Fork Horn

Actually, scratch that request to buy. I've read too much information. You should get a new gun for free.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:19 PM

i've heard they had good support. but to me good customer support is when i don't have to ever use it. Like marlin, remington, etc for me.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:35 PM

Well of coarse there are plenty of people that are happy with benelli firearms, or they would not be so popular. But I am with you. I had a SBE and the "tuning fork" shaped piece that pushes back on the spring in the stock broke three times in 2 years. Not only would they not replace itat not cost to me but they could not even find one for me to buy. When I did finally find them they cost about $60 for that little piece. I fixed it and sold it as soon as I could. Even when it did work the action would catch the empty shells before they were free of the gun. It maybe was like your in that it did not seem to shoot straight either. I have talked to several other people that feel this way about benelli.

Now with that said I do have a benelli nova pump that I do like very much. All of the complaints I have heard have been about the automatics that they brag about so much.

Quick Reply: Benelli JUNK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.