Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Tree Lounge Experience

Old 06-21-2007, 07:34 PM

Default Tree Lounge Experience

I went hunting last year after a 30 year break. I discovered I had missed it and have subsequently become consumed with the upcomong deer season. I have been quietly garthering good gear, at good prices. I had bought a ground blind but decided to get a tree stand also. A guy at work had an older tree lounge. He has a couple of the accessories for it. I am looking at it. The price is good, but was wondering what real people who had used it thought of it, as opposed to advertisements. I am 5'10" 265lbs. Any experiences appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Tree Lounge Experience

I tried the lounge and other stands since i like to sit all day. i got to tell you the lounge is good but thegunslinger from jrh is better. in the gunslinger it really feels like you are in a chair at home and man it is comfortable with room to move .I am 6'2 260 and own two and will never get anything else
Old 06-22-2007, 11:00 AM
Dominant Buck

I have been using the Old Style Tree Lounge since the early 90's. I have tried my buddies Gunslinger and I will start using the Gunslinger over the Tree Lounge from now on.

EDIT: Having second thoughts on holding power over the TL.....

Old 06-22-2007, 02:52 PM

I have not herd of the gunslinger could some one post a pics. and some more details about it. Like is easy to get on and off the tree and is it heavy. Thanks for any info.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:21 PM
Typical Buck

The Gunslinger is an extremely comfortable stand. I have a buddy that has had one for 12-15 years. I have made many all day hunts with it. I bought one about 3 months ago. They are very well built, very comfortable and a great value. You can find info on them here http://www.jrhsport.com/gunslinger.htm
Old 06-22-2007, 10:24 PM

Thanks for the info. It doe's look very comfortable.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:02 AM
Dominant Buck

RE: J.R.H. Industries-Gunslinger Tree Stands
Old 06-24-2007, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

nothing but thumbs up for the tree lounge. if you do a search in the forums on the topic you will get a good idea . im 6 foot 250lbs. its very comfortable.the only thing i dont like about the gun slinger is that it uses the early baker style v bar for grabbing the tree. that is too old school for me any stand i have used like that doesnt grab any where near like the tree lounge. looks comfortable though
Old 06-25-2007, 06:06 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: liquidorange

nothing but thumbs up for the tree lounge.

The only thing i dont like about the gun slinger is that it uses the early baker style v bar for grabbing the tree. that is too old school for me any stand i have used like that doesnt grab any where near like the tree lounge.

Very true!.......The Tree Lounge is demonstrated for gripping power on a Steel Pole! No other climbing stand can hold like a TL...
Old 06-25-2007, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

i love my tree lounge but i am going to buy a gun slinger this year. mainly because i need a second stand and i wanna try it out.

Quick Reply: Tree Lounge Experience

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.