Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Groung Blinds?

Old 06-03-2007, 03:07 PM

Default Groung Blinds?

I'm thinking about purchasing a ground blind for the upcoming season and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I seem to be leaning toward the ameristep brands just for affordability, but let me know what works and what doesn't.

Thanks

Old 06-03-2007, 05:27 PM

Default RE: Groung Blinds?

hi everyone,
i'm new on this forum. I'm 16 year old, leaving in Quebec (Can), i'm a deerhunter.. and, like a lot of people overhere, i can't leave without huntingI'm a french speaker and i'm here to be a better hunter and a better writter!hope you will help me.
I've forgot something.. This year, if i can, it wil be my first bowhunting season (deerhunting), but i'll talk of that in the right section[8D]

So, first of all, me and my father are looking a for a ground blind.
What do you think about that one?
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0038990417446a&navCount=16&pod Id=0038990&parentId=cat540014&masterpathid =&navAction=jump&cmCat=MainCatcat21424-cat20011-cat540014&catalogCode=IH&rid=&parentTy pe=index&indexId=cat540014&hasJS=true

We want to do deer hunting (bowhunting in september and the firearm hunt season in november (snow, wind, cold rain...)).

Thanks for helping me out

Francis_Qc
Old 06-03-2007, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have used a Ameristep Penthouse blind for over four years now just
bought another,had very good luck with it got a lot of game out of
it,wanted a Double bull,bought another crossbow with the money
I saved,to each his own,good luck in your search!
Old 06-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Typical Buck

I have had several ameristeps,very mediocreresults. If you are wanting a quality blind you will certainly have to pay for it. I have a double bull matrix and have fell in love with it, much more durable and mobile blind than any of the ameristeps. the ameristeps camo fades terribly, zippers are very cheap, walls tend to flap in the wind and frighten game, and in the sun they will reflect light and spook game. These are not a very mobile blind and the fabric tends to get weak after a year of use or so. I would spend the extra money to get a blind that will last a lifetime, due to amazing customer service and a no questions asked lifetime warranty! good luck!
Old 06-03-2007, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Havent had those problems with mine,havent used the new one yet
bought mine from the mfgr.dont know if that makes a difference or not.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Typical Buck

My first blind was a dog house by ameristep and it is still being used some. However, I bought a Brickhouse blind and has to return the first one cause the materal ripped around the hubbs. My replacement started doing the samething. It is hard to get the support rods back in after they fall out while trying to set up in the dark. Got a bouble bull this year and things are a lot easier and faster.
safe hunting.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:49 AM
RMA
Fork Horn

I would go with the new ASAT blind. We're selling a TON of them.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

Let me start off by saying I am cheap! lol I bought the "cheap" blinds in the past, finally bought a double bull, and there is no comparison at all. If I would have just bought the double bull in the first place I would have saved money in the long run. Go with quality, it will last you forever!
Old 06-04-2007, 11:29 AM

If you plan to use the blind a lot, which I am guessing you wish to, then A Double Bull or other of similiar quality would make more sense. With that said, I have an Ameristep Doghouse and have been satisfied with it, but I only use it a few days a year.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:54 PM

go to averyoutdoors.com they make very good ground blinds.give them a look you won't be sorry

Quick Reply: Groung Blinds?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.