Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Safety Harness

Old 04-30-2007, 08:14 AM

Default RE: Safety Harness

I would say, without actually having one yet, that the vest harness that I posted or one similiar is likely to most user friendly and comfortable. I plan to get one next year, as I really like them, but do not currently have the funds for one, due to other things like you have on your plate, wife, baby girl with another little one on the way come October.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Red Lion

I would say, without actually having one yet, that the vest harness that I posted or one similiar is likely to most user friendly and comfortable. I plan to get one next year, as I really like them, but do not currently have the funds for one, due to other things like you have on your plate, wife, baby girl with another little one on the way come October.
I plan on getting one as well. I'm presently using the one that came with my Summit stand and it's a real PITA getting in on!!
Old 05-21-2007, 03:10 PM

I too confess to not wearing a safety harness in the past. But I have a young son now and want to set a good example, so I went out and spent on one of the Hunter Safety Systems harness vests. Have not had the opportunity to use it in the foeld yet but in trying ot on at the house, it was easy to put on/adjust and confortable. Much more so than the safety harnesses I've tried in the past. It may have been more than I had originally intended to spend, but for the convenience and comfort, and it's cheaper than a trip to the hospital.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Anything but a belt or shoulder only type harness, aka full body. I don't treestand hunt much anymore but whenI doI use a lineman's full bodyharness, it's a snap to put on basically step in pull opver shoulder and sinche it up. I use it when working on heavy pitched/high roofs and I can say it does work like its suppose too[:-]! It may not be camo and cost a few bucks more then the stuff you see at cabelas but IMHO it is very cheap insurance. I have a wife and kids so I wouldn't climb into a tree without one any longer.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Typical Buck

Casting another vote for the Hunter's Safety System! Worth the extra money!
Old 06-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the Seat O the Pants harness and have no complaints... I trust it 100% with my life and my sons...
Old 06-18-2007, 02:39 AM
Bartender

This will be my first year that I will wear one always.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

Well I pulled out the harness i got with my Summit Viper back in 2003 and tried it on, it was not that bad and I liked the way it fit.
The only problem was the leg belt had started to fray, mind you this was still in its original packaging.
I went on the Summit web site and noticed they had a recall on their harnesses manufactured in 2005, the recall did not cover my 2003 harness.
I went ahead and emailed them with a picture of the frayed belt and the manufacturers tag (showing it was manufactued in 2003).
I recieved a new harness in the mail today, free of charge.
Even though I use an Equalizer treestand, I have to give Summit credit they could have told me to pound sand.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most tree stand manufactuerers will take care of ya as quicly as possible. The last thing they need is bad press because of someone falling out of a tree cause they would send them a new harness or something.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:30 PM

I have the Hunter Safety system vest and love it this will be my 3ed season with it and never hand itmade any noise that would spook a deer. I will not go up a tree with out it.

Quick Reply: Safety Harness

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.